Subject Author Posted Replies

Large Hosta Suggestions
Greetings all from zone 7 - (6 weeks till spring) - Maryland A question regarding hosta's. 'She who must be obeyed' mentioned that she's tired of the green and cream vaiaged hosta's that were adorning...
6
6

Potting Soil Mixture for Azalea's
Zone 7 - darn it's cold here in Maryland I'm rooting several azalea's and need to transfer them to larger pots..... so require a good potting mixture. Looking at filling 24 - 1 gallon containers. The...
9
9

Plant More Garden -- Drought to cut off federal water to Calif. farms
Hey Billy, this kinda sucks, neh? Can you say Perfect Storm? Fuh, fuh, fuh, Forty thousand jobs in one sector in one state. full article above Drought to cut off federal water to Calif. farms Friday,...
6
6

Bare root strawberries (shelf life, indoor life - to survive in the frost, ready to plant outside)?
Hi, Yesterday, I bought a bag of =93bare root strawberries=94 from my local Lowes. It contains 10 bare-root plants. I am trying to find out what is the option for me; Option 1: (a) Keep in shelf...
5
5

asparagus crowns for sale
I will have at least 1500 2 year old Jersey Knight hybrid asparagus crowns for sale this spring. The seeds were obtained from a reputable dealer (Jersey Asparagus Farms). The spacing of the seeds were...

What do i have here?
My gf found this on the side of her house in N.E. Florida. Can anyone ID it please?...

Starting in pots
For the first time in 'n' years of gardening in So. Calif coastal, I am starting veg seed in those little degradable pots. Have always planted straight in the ground, as we generally have mild weather...
2
2

Please repost to forcing peony tubers - original accidentally deleted
Oops, was deleting spam and accidentally delete the message forcing peony tubers. Please repost... Thanks !! Peter
2
2

Forcing Peonies Tubers
Zone 7 Maryland with warm days and frigid nights As part of a community project, I was given some packaged peony tubers to plant It seems to be a good idea to see if they will sprout before placing...
1
1

BioChar -- Last Year's Argument Revisted
Excerpt -- full article here: "Scientists around the world are working in labs and field trial plots to better understand how biochar works, and to unravel the many mysteries of terra preta. At...
3
3

Five new books to fascinate armchair gardeners
very garden and Cullina=92s book deserves a place on the shelf of every gardener wishing to bring out the best in their plants. Rodale=92s Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening Edited by Fern...
3
3

Bamboo river erosion control
We bought a camp on a small river in eastern Indiana. The bank recently underwent a lot of erosion. Its eight foot walls are literally vertical at the top. Obviously it is too late to do much about...
14
14

Gardens Illustrated magazine - please can anybody help??
Hello all, I am trying hard to track down a copy of Gardens Illustrated magazine, issue 115, July 2006. Money paid, of course! Although back issues are available from the publisher, this particular...
1
1

Wheelbarrow with TWO wheels
I believe this is it, and Amazon sells it, so maybe Amazon UK will have it also: Victoria Updated daily when able. Got bodhicitta? http://tinyurl.com/dhl5d7
21
21

Baby Bok Choy
Sob! Very disappointed in my baby bok choy planting. I put the seeds in I think around December -- maybe late November, just before I left for 2 weeks in Morocco. Dammit - next time I will keep better...
5
5