Subject Author Posted Replies

Using a roto-tiller in reverse?
Hello, I have a front tine rototiller with a reverse function, and I am wondering when the reverse would be useful. My guess would be if the tines got caught up in roots or whatnot. Also, would you...
6
6

Jiffy seed pellets - any good?
Hello. Are these pellets good for starting seed, better or worse than using seed compost? Many thanks Neil
2
2

Zone 6 - what are you doing?
I'm in update NY and we are being blessed with some mildish weather these days, tho its the dampness and rain put a chill in the air. Despite that, I'm jonesing to get outside! Is anyone else in my...
12
12

Excessive dead branches after taking indoor during winter
I have a 10 yrs old citrus tree which is about 7ft tall. I have been bringing indoor every year when winter starts around December, and bringing outdoor about March or so. I live in Dallas, TX area....
6
6

Chew on This, Rosen....and the Rest of You ChemicalHeads
Chew on this Rosen, if you can stomach the taste. Same for the rest of you ChemicalHeads. from article above: Anuradha Mittal, director of the U.S.-based policy think tank Oakland Institute, says the...
5
5

NEWBIE NEEDS YOUR HELP! Small town garden pet and child friendly plants
Hi everyone - this is my second attempt at posting this - my first timed out - oops! Well I am a total newbie to gardening (think greener than the greenest thing you have ever seen). I live in the uk,...
8
8

Hardy cacti
Hi- I'm a big cactus fan and, until recently, had loads growing in my house. I've now moved in with my girlfriend who isn't a fan (to say the least!) and I've had to get rid of most of them! I'm now...
6
6

Weird thing sprouted from my hosta
Hi there. I am hoping someone can tell me what the thing that has appeared on my hostas is. I have three different hostas in three separate pots (actually there may be four hostas, I think one pot had...

Container Gardening Resources and Information
Greetings all from Zone 7 Maryland where the temperature zooms from 10 to 70 degrees in two days. Several questions here..... I want/like/need start using shrubs in containers. Have quite a selection,...
3
3

Rambling/Climbing Roses
I have a rambling and a climbing rose which have run riot over a pergola. Can I just prune them right back and start again? I would be grateful for some advice.
3
3

Geraniums odor
Anyone else think geraniums have a disgusting smell? Maybe not as bad as a flowering carrion plant, but nauseating. I've got some that were over-wintered in the garage, still in last year's pots, but...
4
4

Gardening with repetitive strain injury
I have repetitive strain injury in my right wrist (way too much typing in the day job) and this is causing problems when gardening - especially weeding and digging. Can anyone suggest tools that will...
6
6

Chocolate
TOP TWENTY REASONS WHY CHOCOLATE IS BETTER THAN SEX: 1) You can GET chocolate. 2) "If you love me you'll swallow that" has real meaning with chocolate. 3) Chocolate satisfies even when it has gone...
1
1

Michael Pollan Fixes Dinner
Interview in MotherJones, preachin' to the choir likely, but maybe someone is hiding in the bushes and overhears...... an EnviroWacko "A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule." -- Michael Pollan
1
1

Botanical and Cultural Images of Eastern Asia, 1907-1927
15. Botanical and Cultural Images of Eastern Asia, 1907-1927 In the library section of their website, the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University shows off their digitized collection of eastern Asian...
2
2