Subject Author Posted Replies

White House to Plant Organic Vegetable Garden
HA...even those at the "top" are scamblin' on the bandwagon!!! Note to ChemicalHeads........see the word "organic" ? "While the organic garden will provide food for the first family?s meals and formal...
20
20

White Pine needs your help
A glorious 70 foot tall White Pine has become sick over the winter with all its needles turning brown. It is located on an island in Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada and is well removed from...
8
8

Some transplanting advice, please
I have a small group of crocuses and some other small yellow perennial flower(see post in forum » Gardening Discussions » Garden Photos ) that I would like to transplant. They are currently near a...
1
1

Planting late
This is my first garden and it wasn't ready to plant until now. According to the local planting schedule I missed the planting dates for some of my early crops. Can I plant late and still get healthy...
11
11

The Future of Gardening - what do you think?
I'm working with Husqvarna (provides outdoor power products) they've recently unveiled findings from a global gardening trend report. It reveals four definitions of current gardening behaviours ?...
3
3

Settle an argument about plastic covers
As I wrote in another thread, I am starting seed in peat pots for the first time, out of curiosity. I covered the trays with black plastic until the seedlings broke through. Now a landscape architect...
8
8

Tom Thumb tomato
Anyone here grow this one before? I've got a couple of plants that are roughly 3 weeks along, and would like to hear how yours did.
2
2

Herbs: the finishing touch for your human habitat
Don=92t forget herbs when planting that special garden that will become your own unique human habitat. Plant a variety of herbs around the perennial shrubs and you=92ll enjoy a fragrant haven that...
1
1

My daffodils have disappeared. Please help!
3 years ago we had too many daffodills in our rose bed so we thinned them out a bit and transplanted some of the bulbs to other beds in the garden. The following year, all the translpanted bulbs in...
3
3

Squirrel Deterent for Bulbs and Tubers
Greetings all.... Time to start planting bulbs and some suggestions are needed on repelling squirrels. I've heard of Ropel (haven't used it). Does a natural... mix it yourself remedy exist ??...
18
18

Vampire Weed
Very interesting... HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, ranging from the flu to black holes to conspiracy theories, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.
1
1

Tender cauliflower plant broken
Hi, I started Burpee=92s cauliflower seeds indoor on 21st February, 2009 in peat moss strips with the soil less media (50% peat moss + 50% vermiculite). I kept them in 68 F next to my window. The...
3
3

good top soil
hi all just found a really helpfull comany in reading berkshire they can surply top soil loose or in ton bag they have different grades and very good prices call 01189 884142 ask for colin
1
1

Hyacinth Scent
We bought some "ready to flower" Hyacinths and they have bloomed but no scent, does this happen regularly? tks all bw
1
1

P0o
dose eye use pO0 fore fertilizer pls i nedeth elp.......