Subject Author Posted Replies

LandMaster Cultivator 100 Drive Shaft
Hello all , this is my first post and I have a problem. I have been given a 1960's LandMaster 100 Cultivator complete with Gearbox drive arm, tines etc. However the drive shaft that runs through from...
1
1

ID FOR HOUSPLANT
Can someone please ID this for my friend? It's on the binary site sent by me Garland Grower. Thanks!!! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Garland Grower" Newsgroups: Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009...

Starting seeds indoors
First I'm sorry about the html in previous post. Is 1 month before the last frost date about right for starting tomato and pepper seeds in-doors? Thanks. harley
2
2

Racking off cider
no doubt some buggers, especially you charlie, are going to laugh at this. Uncharitable huas. Friday was racking off night for the cider. I started 10.30pm, not realising how long it would take,...
15
15

Just Found This News That Meshes with My Last Post
This validates my own assessment, that I just posted. Excerpt from: it be Stopped? GMO killing fields are taking over our farms and stores, as well as our very lives. These silent, deadly killers have...

Whadda Ya' Do, Eh?
Who ya' wanna to buy your seeds from and who you wanna to buy your plants from? The local nursery and plant house now sells plants started from Novartis and Syngenta seed. They get no more of my...
2
2

First Water Lily Bloom Today
can spring be far behind?

Indoor gardening & lighting
Greetings, I started a small vegatable garden two years ago. I had been buying plants that someone else had started and are ready to be transplanted, but it's pretty expensive. This year I'd like to...
6
6

vegetables recommended by chefs
Article in today's fish wrap (a.k.a. Press Democrat) gave preferences for vegetables grown by local chefs (Sonoma County, region 9 - 10.) To see full article go to . Among preferred veggies are:...
2
2

amaryllis buds not maturing
At the end of 2007 I bought two amaryllis bulbs from a reputable online vendor who was getting rid of them at half-price. They both bloomed, and I was able to re-bloom them this winter, so I assume I...
5
5

Harvesting azolla
My dam has red azolla (azolla filiculoides) which is a native floating aquatic fern. I would like to harvest it to use it as a mulch and to add to compost. I imagine there are several tons of the...
3
3

A commercial edging machine ??
Greetings all. Just for my general knowledge (or lack thereof). I was working on a landscaped site. There were several beds probably about 20 foot x 40 foot. The edges had been edged to about a depth...
4
4

Get some pop corn
We have many house plants but looks like a few more may be a good idea. Enjoy! Bill

Pre emergent herbicide in the UK?
Hi all, My new garden has a terrible crabgrass infestation - I have around 20% grass and 80% crabgrass both on my front and back lawn! I tried a 'moss killer' lawn product in the autumn that turned...
5
5

Alternative compost - Caveman’s Bat Guano
Has anyone tried this stuff? Do you use it like compost? I believe its organic and have seen it my local Oxfam store in Diss.
1
1