Subject Author Posted Replies

Red Twig
are you talking about a red twig dogwood? First off, you don't have to move either Forsythia OR Redtwig dogwoods inside for winter. They are hardy to quite cold temperatures. Zone 3 I think or maybe...
3
3

Plant identification help
Hi All, I'm looknig for some help with identifying an enormous weed/plant that grow at the bottom of my garden in thick soil under 24 hour shade of a camelia tree. I moved in to my new flat last...
3
3

What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?
That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what they might be called? Many thanks Neil
5
5

Ping George.com aka rob from NZ
Do you still have pics online of your greywater system so that Charlie can check see what you are doing to recycle household greywater?
35
35

Never Rains But What It Pours
We've been sitting on our arses most of the spring, enduring rain and cold and itching to get things going, doing what few things we can in order to be ready when it finally breaks... It's breaking...
1
1

Perlagoniums
I am a very new gardener, so forgive me if this is a really silly question. I have some window boxes of perlagoniums. Two are from last year and three are from this year. Last years have become quite...
1
1

How do I fix a pourous area?
Hello. I have a PERFECT spot for a garden at the top of my hill. It is very flat and gets loads of sunlight. I can do things like set up a soaker hose or drip system fairly easily. My problem is that...
11
11

Nasturtium germination
Hello. I sowed some nasturtium seeds around three weeks ago and as there is no sign of them I had a look at a couple of the seeds, which are still sound and show no sign of germinating. Is this just a...
2
2

Tree ring
In our circular driveway we have a border around a 20' tall Queens Crepe Myrtle tree made of a few 4x4 landscape lumber tied together with metal angles. We are going to change that to using retaining...
5
5

bird watching - what is this?
I started trying to take pics of some of the wildlife in my garden. This guy hung around for several minutes and put on a good show. I don't know anything about birds and couldn't find a match online....
3
3

Should my cranesbill geranium be up?
I'm in Zone 5/6, and loved my "Rozanne" cranesbill geraniums last year! However, I can't see any signs (maybe a few leaves in one spot) this year, in the third week of April--all of last year's...
2
2

Green, leaf-like insect
I have found a number of green, flat, leaf-like insects in my garden and I'm wondering if they are good or bad. Should I leave them alone or dispatch them to green, leaf-like insect heaven? They are...
2
2

Contemplating the ice storm damage
One of the trees that looked ok actually has a split trunk from being bent over in storm. Since it is only a white pine, I don't mind losing it. It is something I have plenty of on property and this...
2
2

Greenhouses
I live in XXtreme SW Utah at 3900' elev., north of St. George. Not sure what zone, as it varies with the book. 6 I think. Gets down to about 20 in the winter, 105 in summer. Snowed last week, so...
6
6

Storing Onion Sets to Plant Later
I want to grow and enjoy green onions all summer long and into the fall here in northern Wisconsin. The problem is that bags of sets are only for sale in the spring. What is the best way to keep them...
4
4