Subject Author Posted Replies

Strange holes in oak tree (and what to do)
Back a few years ago, I had an oak tree fall against this much small tree. Were the tree hit, a large chunk of the bark was taken off. Well, I left it, not knowing what to do. Well, just today, I...
3
3

Frost on leaves
Currently in Pittsburgh we are having temperatures in the high eighties. The leaves on the trees appear to be coming out early. We do normally have frost until around the middle of May. If we should...
4
4

landscape edging question
Late last Fall, I put in some landscape fabric/weed matting on our front yard. Our front yard is rather small, and quite sloped, so I was sick of mowing it. I planted blue rug junipers so that they...

I've noticed lately here on wreck gardens......
Good day friends, madgardener poking her face over the garden hedge on this bright and sunny Spring day that here in upper Northeastern Tennessee is TOO warm and it's forcing the blooming trees to...
30
30

Easter lily
I was given a beautiful huge, white lily, 11 blossoms, for Easter. It's now done blooming and I'm going to plant it outside. The question is.....I'll need to plant it deeper than the depth of the pot...
3
3

Pothole care and maintance.
The road to our camp is gravel and has some huge potholes that are only getting worse. I have a feeling that simply filling and compacting them would be very temporary. Any suggestions? I am thinking...
3
3

steel grass
can anyone please tell me where to buy steel grass plants or seeds in the uk

Garden Project needs Help
Hi, I need some help regarding my garden project I've taken on board which is huge specially my knowledge in the area is limited (none), only what information I can find online really. I've got list...

Mint - favorite varieties
I'm thinking about starting a few mint plants in containers... as a starting point for using plants for culinary purposes.. Before plunking down the money for whatever is being sold locally, are there...
15
15

How to get ducks to pond????????????
We live in west central Florida, just south of Tampa Bay. The area we are in is 1 acre wooded lots and we happen to be on a lake/pond. It's probably about 1-2 acres in size. Occasionally we have a...
4
4

Vegetable fertilizers
I grow tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers but I am at a loss as to the type of fertilizer to use and how much. Every one sold in the gardening centers has a different ratio and they all claim to be the...
7
7

Hawthorn Hedge
Try "plashing" the Hawthorn. My English husband, who has lived all but ten years of his almost 60 years in the UK, has seen many examples of this having been done to Hawthorn. He said at first it...
1
1

Can I grow bulbs under tree mulch?
I live in the Denver area and have some areas of the yard that I'm replacing with shredded tree mulch. We have a tree company that shreds trees and is nearby, and once in awhile we can get them to...
4
4

Sprinkler pipe questions
We're getting ready to plant here. I have PVC lines into my garden. I want to put long pipes of the black ABS, half inch or so. I know I need to put pressure reducers at the beginning of the lines....
2
2

y creeping all over
You must not have any deer. They ate all the ivy they could possibly reach.
7
7