Subject Author Posted Replies

weeding advice
The time has come to tackle a large area of overgrown weeds in my garden. Been putting it off but must do something before they take over the entire garden! Thinking about buying some weed killer to...
3
3

front-yard gardens?
I just read a good article in the Sacramento News & Review. It is here: I was wondering (after reading that article) if there was any legal restrictions to growing fruits, veggies, & other crops in...
17
17

Tree identification help needed
We have this tree on our property and would appreciate help to identify what kind this is. I looked in the books and couldn't figure it out: Southern California's largest selection of plastercraft,...
8
8

Happy Mother's Day
http://i43.tinypic.com/2e1d275.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/2vn30r9.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/2q1wdqg.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/2arx2r.jpg
1
1

weed removal
Hi Thanks for responding to my previous post. I just need some more help as I'm amateur gardener. I've got plenty of weeds on bare soil, no lawn at the moment. Soil is okay at the moment but pretty...
17
17

newbie in search of a group "home" for gardening
I live just outside of Boston and noticed a couple of mentions about gardening here. Is this a good place to start ? Or, if you can recommend a different Google Group, thank you. I am most interested...
5
5

Ancient Sunset soil recipe needed
I had an organic gardening book from Sunset many years ago - we're talking decades - that contained a recipe for making your own soil. It had peat, sand, dolomitic lime and low-nitrogen fertilizer. I...
10
10

Postings stuck at April 20
For some unknown reason, I cannot download posts from newer than April 20, 2009. My other newsgroups on Mozilla are working fine. Is this a moderator issue? Sherwin
6
6

help to get rid of weeds
Hi I've got a decent size garden but its growing plenty of weeds at the moment on bare soil, there is no grass or lawn, just weeds everywhere. Also the garden is uneven and to level it I'm planning to...
2
2

Temple of the Atlantis Tomato pt_4
The visit to the American Consul wasn't helpful. The Consul said he had never heard of Dr. Dow and he doubted that there was a temple to any kind of tomato in Idontunderstan. Leaving the consulate,...
3
3

Dublin Elaine Daylily
Does anyone have any experience with the daylily Dublin Elaine. It is said to be a rebloomer however most of my rebloomers do not rebloom. However some claim that this one really does.
3
3

seedling photos?
Does anyone here know of a site that has photos of seedlings, especially maple (including Japanese maple) seedlings? I am increasingly obsessed with collecting and growing them. In the course of...
6
6

Hyacinths
Anyone got any insight into growing hyacinths in the ground? I've only ever grown them in pots in the past but this year I want to try growing them in the ground. It's time to plant them here and we...
3
3

Ivy on trees? ? ?
We have climbing ivy which pretty much covers a tree -- up to 40 feet or so. Does this ever endanger the tree? Also, I've planted a Virginia creeper at the base of the same tree, and it's starting to...
10
10

A Sing Along
For all the Monsanto fans Pigeons in the Park I'd like to take you now on wings of song, as it were, and try and help you forget perhaps for a while your drab, wretched lives. Here's a song all about...
3
3