Subject Author Posted Replies

Soil for flowerbeds
We recently moved into a new house and just finished redesigning our small backyard. We have paved most of it, but left two 1 yard wide strips for flowerbeds. We now need to add soil to the flowerbeds...
3
3

f you are concerned about catching the Swine Flu or any Flu
SWINE FLU If you are concerned about catching the Swine Flu or any Flu then now is the time to prepare. The main protective measures are: 1. Use a high amount of antioxidants or simply just take 2...

Planting out tomatoes
My young tomato plants are reluctant to develop their first flowers. They are about 10inches tall, not spindly,just not actually flowering. The first flower buds are just developing. I am wanting to...
16
16

A bees-eye view: How insects see flowers very differently from us...
Hey Group, I was always curious to know what other animals actually "see" when they look at the same things that we do. This article gives some great pics for comparison. What do you think? Regards,...

Giant Spider Eating a Bird caught on Camera...
Hey Group, This was a pretty crazy picture. I hope that we don't have anything to rival this Spider from Australia. I would hate to find something like that in my backyard. Let Me Know What You Think?...
1
1

Re: Fatass Liberal version of Miss California leads cops on 50 mile chase in swimsuit contest
What if old wrinkled Pelosi has exposed herself. Imagine the panic in the streets. Martin ================ It would be great fun to find out how the idiot OP derived "liberal" from that news story.

Help me identify this Willow
I saw a tree/shrub(?) at Costco of all places and on the pot all it had was a sticker that said "Willow" and a UPC code. I was taken by its appearance, but before I buy I'd sure like to know a little...
2
2

Garden tasks just for today.... What are yours ?
Got around to transplanting about 30 baby hellebores. Looked at milky spore and said wait for a decent rain. Got a wheelbarrow replacement tire half the size needed. Decided to sharpen a few hand...
14
14

Soils for Azalea Trees
I'm trying to plant Azalea Trees for the first time, and I've been told they are temperamental and difficult to grow. I wanted to get opinions on these issues: 1) I was told to plant them in shade. In...
8
8

Pesticide Contamination
This was downloaded in June, '07. The format has changed since then and the list has been shortened. load on commercial produce. The Full List: 43 Fruits & Veggies RANK FRUIT OR VEGGIE SCORE 1 (worst)...

Off Topic Ang Lee Woodstock
Here is the trailer. Bill deals a lot with weed I'd guess.
1
1

Hive Collapse Saga imidacloprid ???
A small tidbit case you can't open the above URL. "Halting the sale of pesticides, though, would be no mean task. Over 120 countries use imidacloprid under the Bayer label on more than 140 crop...
3
3

How to use ChemPak formulations?
First year at growing vegetables. Don't know anything about previous history of the soil... it's clay/chalk. Took it over last November and dug, dug, dug clearing as much weed as possible and left it...
7
7

New Member!
Hello everybody, I would just like to introduce myself, as well as scanning the forum for any tips I can pick up, I may be able to contribute as I have been growing plants down here in Cornwall for...
1
1

Hello, We Are New:)
Hello Everyone, I wanted to introduce myself to the group and say Hello! I really enjoyed reading some of the posts from the group and really look forward to contributing. My wife and I planted our...
2
2