Subject Author Posted Replies

True Omnipotence - Why life is not a fairy tale
Mmmm... Liver is good with everything.
2
2

What is this bug?
I've found several of these guys in my small backyard garden: resemble Colorado beetles, but are smaller (about 5-7mm) and instead of long brown stripes have brown spots on their backs. One of them...
6
6

Help needed to identify my flowering house plant
Hello there, I am new to gardening. I have this house plant which flowered beautifully in February. Can anyone please give me teh common name? Many thanks, Taruna
2
2

Radish flowers turning purple
I've notice the interesting phenomenon lately of my radish flowers turning purple after being white for a while, as the stalk and seed pods (though not the leaves) take on a purple-red highlight as...
1
1

Off Topic but ....Out in the sun or not
God i like to get a little burnt but being a fair hair leaping gnome who had melanoma excised I'm a bit slow to repeat my excesses of youth sometimes. So what it a best path? Question where do we get...
7
7

Had an idea but im stuck!
Plants might look pretty in a teacup, but most will grow better in a terra cotta pot with a drain hole. Most perrenials need some months in the ground before they bloom, but you might talk to your...
6
6

Misting
Today I bought misters for my back porch area. I'm not crazy about the idea, but SWMBO bought them. Then suggested that they would do well in a greenhouse. How does misting do in a greenhouse? I think...
1
1

Germination
I planted seeds about a week ago, and today I noticed quite a few sprouts from some of the rows and zero on the others. I know seeds germinate at different rates, but when is it time to think that...
7
7

My raddishes are pithy
My radishes are pithy. Not enough water?
6
6

How long do green beans keep?
How long do green beans keep in a refrigerator? I ask, because I have a couple of bean pods that are big enough to pick, but most are tiny and will be a while before they are ready. I just wondered...
10
10

What's this weed?
I'm fumbling around looking for it online, but I'll bet someone's seen it before: 's got a fuzzy stem and red taproot, growing in full exposure in cool, damp, mostly cloudy conditions thus far. When...
2
2

Honeylocust plant bugs again
Anyone else having their honeylocust eaten .. ? Last year was the first time for me - they're back again. Southern Ontario Canada. Any home-remedies or prevention tips .. ? Thanks ; John T.

How to aerate a small lawn without damaging grass?
What's the best way to aerate a small 30'x40' lawn without damaging grass?
10
10

10 10 10 fertilizer smells like ammonia - can I use it?
I have a bag of 10 10 10 fertilizer that's been sitting a while and now it smells like ammonia. Is it still usable? Thanks
2
2

Loppers - which ones do you recommend?
Can anyone give me some advice on buying a new pair of loppers? Mine have just bitten the dust and there seem to be infinite different kinds to choose from. I want some that i can use for as many...
11
11