Subject Author Posted Replies

Harvertsing Basil
My basil is growing like wildfre. Easy question, do you harvest just the leaves or do you ct the stems? Paul
17
17

Tums fo calcium
I have Tums and I understand my peppers love calcium Tums are mostly calcium. I've heard you can grind up the Tums and mix it with water for the peppers. Sounds reason able. Anyone do this? How about...
10
10

Help with Opuntia Bergeriana
Hi, I am new to this site and new to all gardening really. The site is great and great advice. I am new to Cactus growing and have had a Opuntia Bergeriana for a good few months. Its growing in the...
15
15

Question on moving bamboo plant
I have a bamboo plant that is pretty big now, about 8 ft. tall. I am moving soon, would like to move it to new location. If I cut it down to a couple of ft. tall and dig it up, put in a big pot...
3
3

dividing iris
My iris didn't bloom because they got hailed on. Should/can they be divided? You're not supposed to divide them until after they bloom. The hail-stomped were budding multitudinously, but does that...
3
3

rose campion
I have both rose and white campion. I keep pulling out the white campion, but I always seem to end up with a mix of about 2/3 rose and 1/3 white. I gave my son seeds from the rose flowers and they all...

couple of dumb questions
I am getting a late start on small garden project, and have couple of questions...I'm in Michigan and get about 8 hours of sun a day. picked up some beets, they are about 5 inches tall and several of...
3
3

Pests on cleome
Last year my cleome were infested with some kind of black and yellow beetle in late summer so I pulled them up and got rid of them. This year their seeds sprouted some nice looking plants, but I've...
3
3

mums' bloom time
Here's my situation. I live in northern Illinois. I have wonderful hardy mums growing on the south side of my house. I've had them for about 3 years and they've been great each year. However, I have a...
1
1

composting question
I hope this isn't a dumb question. I just cleared my pond of scum or algae over growth. I raked it up and got quite a good sized pile. The question I have is would this stuff be good to put in my...
3
3

Is this a weed?
As the title says is this a weed? My girlfriend was given it as a tomato plant obviously not looks like weed to me but I am no expert at all! [image:...
6
6

Fine Gardening How-To for compost tea
I get Fine Gardening's email (which I recommend) and the most recent one had a pointer to their compost tea how-to. Victoria and others have given good descriptions of their methods here over the...
1
1

Advice on watering sought
Hello, I have bought 2 pot plants, but being the practical person I am, I've got no idea how to water them. I tried to identify them online, but there seems to be to much plants on me. :) So I would...
7
7

Can you identify the shrub?
Afternoon, My first post here. I'm looking to move house but have this shrub at the bottom of my garden that I really like. Could anyone let me know whats its called? Thanks [image:
6
6

Good Gardening Tools
Hi all, hope your enjoying your day... I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some new garden tools, I have cleared my shed out of the cheap rubbish I had before and I'm looking to...
12
12