Subject Author Posted Replies

spray chrysants -propagating from store bought boquets
Those cheap and cheerful bouquets from Tescos...can tips be rooted in the usual mix of vermiculite, grit with a dab of hormone powder? Only the tips? Or is this a complete waste of time? Just bought a...

Got my first ripe tomato
Ok - it was an orange cherry type, but it was tasty! I only planted cherry/grape types this year, but I love a mixed tomato salad. Cheryl (in NH)
17
17

Pale green leaves
What plants? What is your soil like? What is you climate like? David
5
5

Outbreak of Fungus Threatens Tomato Crop
By JULIA MOSKIN Published: July 17, 2009 A highly contagious fungus that destroys tomato plants has quickly spread to nearly every state in the Northeast and the mid-Atlantic, and the weather over the...
1
1

Yellow pear tomatoes not ripening
What's up with that? Week after week they just hang here and nothing changes. The plant is putting out a pretty fair number of buds and I see new fruit all over it. But the oldest fruit which is...
7
7

AAC audio Files notice the cross post gardeners
Hello I got a lot of music in Itunes. Some how files not from Amazon MPEG or protected turned into AAC these from my CD's. Can I get them back ? I used to just type .Mp3 to send a friend a sound. But...
3
3

strange bird near my raised bed
An unusual looking bird was outside about half an hour ago, eating the cat food that I put out by a raised bed near our North Star cherry tree. I've never seen one of these before here in SW Ohio, so...
5
5

Compost Heap. Horse Manure. Pathogens.
I have a couple of large compost bins on my allotment which I regularly fill with compostable materials from home, but this only accounts for a few percent. For the most part, I go to the local riding...
71
71

The Blob is on My Plum Tree
This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune...
2
2

Terro Liquid Ant baits
Do they really work. It seems that I fed the ants in the kitchen these things all last summer and they never slowed down. Now so far this summer they are going thru these things like crazy, will these...
6
6

Please help me identify the species of these trees
Dear botanists & gardeners, Would one of you be so kind as to look at this image and tell me what species each of these these two trees are? The image link is here: will have to mouse-over the image...
5
5

Vegetable Oils For Sale
We are Mitchell Oil under the Nigeria Coperate affairs commission. Best Option is a technology driven,One of the Biggest Edible Oil Producing Company. Customer focused company engaged production and...
1
1

Fructose and Sucrose
"Consuming fructose-sweetened, not glucose-sweetened, beverages increases visceral adiposity and lipids and decreases insulin sensitivity in overweight/obese humans" Abstract and whole study at above...
18
18

Simple Arbor Designs
I am looking for an extremely simple design for an arbor shade for various points around a house. One idea I had was to put up a single pole at each end with a cross beam, and then put supporting...
6
6

Redwood Platform With Stairs in Kit Form
I am looking for a large platform - preferably made of redwood - with stairs that is sold as a kit. Does anyone know of a manufacturer for this? My application is that I want safe entry into an above...