Subject Author Posted Replies

Help Identify please
I am in the UK. Does anyone recognise this please? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
1

On Late blight being early Not good
Good read A taste "Mountain Magic is an example of regionalized breeding. For years, this kind of breeding has fallen by the wayside ? the result of a food movement wary of science and an...

Off topic Crazy trespass stuff
Sort of thought of this land is my land this land is your land. Tragic. Guess from Salon. ...................... Ohio man who killed lawn walker commits suicide Aug 8th, 2009 | LEBANON, Ohio -- An...
18
18

Harvest Pumpkin
Hi Growing Pumpkin Delica F1, which are small dark green fruits. Can these be harvested once they're upto size, or is it necessary to leave them on the vine all summer? Some are getting destroyed by...
2
2

Ants, still
Have been feeding these things now for quite a while. I started with Terro liquid baits, 1 pack of six. As those were consumed, I used the empty containers to re-fill with my own mix of 1 part Boric...
6
6

Been a good summer so far.
Tomatoes out the wazoo. Every morning I go out and pick cherry tomatoes, and now the big ones are ripening as well. On-going battle with squirrels. (Offering a dozen, free shipping.) Enveloped some...
7
7

Yellowing Leaves on Mountain Laurel / Cause ?
I got one response to this, indicating it could be damage from voles. Upon inspection, I find no evidence of this. Any other ideas please ?? Thanks !! James ------------------------- Two years ago, I...

Kew Gardens in London
Any one been to the Kew Gardens in London? I went last weekend and really impressed. There are 5 ? 6? 7? glasshouses set in a beautiful landscape beside the River Thames between Richmond and Kew in...

Yellowing leaves on mountain laurel ?
Two years ago, I planted 3 mountan laurel bushes, about 8 feet apart. All three get the same watering, fertilizing, and sunlight. The middle bush has leaves that are yellowing. Perhaps a 1/4 of the...
1
1

Growing Cactai in my flat
Hi, Hello this is my first post! I'm planning on growing potted cactai in my flat, I am often only at home on weekends so Cactai seem like the ideal choice. I am particularly interested in growing...
9
9

Greenhouse prep
I hopefully am going to put a greenhouse where my current garden .. errrrrrr......... patch of weeds is now. What would be the best procedure to till this up, kill and pull all the things growing...
11
11

Topsy Turvey
Hi all: Has anyone had any luck with the topsy turvey tomato grower? I bought one and had no luck at all.. Mike
4
4

Liquid Fence Deer Repellent Stinks
Anybody that has used or neighborhood has used, knows how awful liquid fence smells. According to everything I have read, it is suppose to be effective and not harmful to family or pets. However, my...
1
1

Castlewellan Gold - How To Control?
Hi guys, I just bought a new house and in the back garden is a huge Castlewellan Gold tree. I would like rid of it so I was wondering what the best way to kill it off would be? Is there anything that...
5
5

new garden question
Have about 500 sq ft that I want to make into garden for next year....this area is grass now. what is best way to get this area ready for next year? I just today found a source for coffee grounds...
42
42