Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this mini tree
I have been asked to prune a miniature tree i have know idea what it is . sorry its a bit up in the air but i will try to explain. Its about 3 foot high and hangs like a willow but it has dark green...
2
2

Plants that Voles or moles won't eat ?
Anyone know of a List or catalogue that considers this issue? I've got 6 inch in ground fence barriers but they can and do go over it. Thinking adding broken glass at planting time but know it will...
1
1

Lichen/verdigris?
Hi! First post! We've many well established azeleas in out garden, but some of them are troubled with these deposits on various parts of the branches. It doesn't effect the flowers although some of...
1
1

Garden Tips
has everything you've ever needed to know about gardening! Our topics range from Aquaponics to Zen Gardens and everything in-between. Let us help you grow! is a website offering tips and advice on the...

What to grow-Fall-Winter-Los Angeles, CA
I am curious what vegetables others in LA Couunty will be planting for Fall and Winter season? My zipcode is 91402, Panorama City, Calif. Never snows here and weather is pretty mild except for frosts...
4
4

Will Busy Lizzies survive indoors?
Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice please. I've had some Busy Lizzies (Impatiens) which have been outdoors all summer and I've brought them indoors for the winter. I did this last...
3
3

Screening a circular over looked garden
We are moving to a new house in a few weeks and I would love some help and ideas on how to tackle it's rather large drab garden. It is a corner circular plot laid only to lawn - not one plant!. It has...
1
1

Mowing the lawn is good for you
I heard say this on radio, pointed out that if someone else mows your lawn while you're there, it's just as good for you ;) Researchers have discovered that a chemical released by a mown lawn makes...

1 female fruit/flower!
Hey, I put bone meal around the plants a few days ago (phosphorus), and also trimmed off the ends of the vines. I read that both can stimulate female fruit production, and guess what? I finally have a...
7
7

Keeping strawberries fresh longer?
Strawberries for some reason only last perhaps 4 days max in the refrigerator. Sometimes its 2 days, if you didn't get very fresh ones to begin with. Then they start growing a whitish mold. What is...
9
9

winter crops
I live in XXtreme SW Utah at about 3700' elevation. I'm right in those tight bands of zone numbers. The temperatures vary from year to year. Tomorrow, I'm going out to till up the mess that is...
6
6

Prolonging the life of berries
Interesting: Thermotherapy, a very hot fruit bath, is an effective way to stave off mold growth on berries.
1
1

What to plant
Need some suggestions. I have an area, 8'X12', that I am wanting to use for some kind of garden. I am in the San Bernardino area of So. Cal. Hot, Hot, in the summer, winter is mild, may see a 30-32...
2
2

compost
Hello, Was after some advice... got some bags of compost left over and wondered if they will keep 4 next year??? Thanks Daniel
1
1

Using treated lumber for raised beds?
For square foot gardening, I was thinking it might be cheaper to use landscaping timbers that have two flat sides, drill holes near the ends with two of them stacked, and then drive 1 in. EMT conduit...
10
10