Subject Author Posted Replies

Grandiflora and Floribunda Roses
Will these roses do well in 20" containers or do they need more room? Thanks, Freckles
2
2

???????????????
Can anyone help there is a strange like cobweb covering from the base of the tree all the way to the top but its like silk rapped round every branch does anyone know what this might be thank you
2
2

Water-loving plants
I live in zone 6 and live in an area where there is a fair amount of standing water that results from considerable snow-melt or heavy rains in Spring and Fall. The standing water is not unusual, as I...
2
2

Improving the gardening experience for the retired gardener
Hello, My name is Andrew Castle and I am a final year student studying Product Design Engineering at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. I am just about to start a project titled: "Improving the...
7
7

groundhog problems
There is a HUGE groundhog living under my shed. I see it in the back yard once in a while, eating my morning glories. Today I went out to check on the kale I planted in a raised bed, and I found that...
16
16

Mediterranean Stepable
I'm in the middle of a big garden redesign, reducing the size of the vegetable area and creating a new family garden. I would like to turn one of the veggie plots into a "stepable" lawn substitute....

Trees for West Africa
I am looking for suppliers of trees in Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote d'Ivorie, Gambia and Mali. Any links or contacts of nurseries or tree projects would be useful.

planting palms
Hi,I wonder if theres any one out there who can help me? I,ve just brought 3 mature palms,1 is a dwarf palm which will be left in a pot, the other 2 ,which are a 5ft cabbage palm,and a 5ft canarian...
1
1

Volunteer NYC: Bulb Planting
Volunteer NYC: Bulb Planting October 25, 2009 10:00 AM Where: Fort Tryon Park 741 Ft. Washington Ave Margaret Corbin Circle New York, NY 10040 212-795-1388 x304 If the changes affect your plans to...

Where have my apples gone?
Hi. My first post is a puzzle. My apples have disappeared! I have two trees, about four years old. One day last week, there were all my apples - gone. Well, all except for a few at the top of each...
16
16

Diseased cottonless cottonwood???
I live in a west suburb of Denver, CO. Cottonwoods are native out here, they were here before western civilization. Now they banned the ones that put out the cotton though, and only sell cottonless...
5
5

Elm beetle?
We live in the Denver area and have some pretty elms surrounding the place, but they've been getting holes in the leaves and some of the branches and a few of the trees have been dying. We had the...
8
8

What kind of flower?
These plants are about a foot tall, the blooms look familiar but I can't place them. Little round purple blooms on the plant. photo here:...
4
4

POTASSIUM NITRATE
Hi, I'm a pharmacist and have some potassium nitrate in the pharmacy. Can I use this next spring in my vegetable garden? If so, how much? Just a small dusting and work it into the ground? Can or...
7
7

primrose
I have a very nice primrose that I planted several years ago and has gotten quite large. I am wondering if it can be divided. If so what time of year would be best. I live in a northern zone 5. Thanks
1
1