Subject Author Posted Replies

unknown plants - bulgaria
hallo, spending some time in bulgaria and have come across some plants i have not seen before. 1. red-stalk - this grows to 8 feet and is just cut down for winter, i assume its a perennial 2. the...
1
1

mouse infestation
Actually, I'm dead serious about killing mice. It seems like mice have moved into our 92 year old home with a vengeance. It started about 2 months ago, as it got cold outside. I was able to use...
19
19

Propagating dwarf lemon trees
I collected the seeds from my dwarf lemon tree. But I am wondering..... I know if you grow an orange tree from seeds, it won't produce much, and so they are grafted. Is this the case with my lemon...
6
6

Catus
Last summer when I planted a catus I welled up the dirt around it. Now I'm wondering, since we are expecting some rain here in So. Cal. over the next week and possibly a pretty good rainy season, if I...
5
5

Here's to compost
Just built my first "real" compost pile out of some cedar fence that was taken down. Here's hoping it works as well as the chicken wire I've been using!
2
2

help/advice choice of hedge?
having just moved in to a new house the garden boundry is a small rough bare looking hedge and i would like to replace it. i am after some advice on which type to choose. i an after the very quickest...
4
4

Protecting tropicals in a Greenhouse
I'd like to protect a few tropical type plants, including a hibiscus and a palm. I'm in Atlanta, 7b. I don't want to bring them in, if possible. I built a small (south facing) green house (I call it...

Yes i will be out there Christmas day planting away
How many of us real traditional gardeners are left? You know the ones that save seeds at the end of every summer and religiously sow them at the begining of the next year and on through to spring. The...
12
12

Layering tall plants adds height to tight spaces
In recent Plant Man columns, we=92ve looked at plants that you might want to avoid because they can become invasive and take over your landscape to the detriment of other plants. But are there plants...

Any Tree Experts?? Tree Identification Question??
Hello all, Hoping that someone here can help identify a tree that we had in our yard, that was killed a few days ago, when we had 45 mile an hour winds all day, that blew it over. It was a nice little...
5
5

potato question
I missed a few potatoes when I harvested them a few months ago and what I missed now are of size (foliage-wise) to indicate there may be new potatoes now available. Problem is that they have not...
5
5

Kelp extract analysis -- anyone know?
Bonide Sea Green brand. Bonide doesn't list so much as the NPK. Probably wondrous stuff, but if you combine it with other fertilizers and you don't know what's in it, you risk overfeeding.
4
4

Geraniums
I put two pots of geraniums in my garage which gets cool without freezing. The soil is dry and have not had any water for almost 2 months. They are getting bright filtered light and continue to bloom....
1
1

You are a garden fanatic when...
Keep looking for more and new websites about plants. They changed the site at of good links to gardening websites! Good luck and have fun! Gino http://tinyurl.com/ykhomwoTons
1
1

Pruning tea olive? ? ?
I have a tea olive shrub (osmanthus fragrens) and need to know how to prune it. First, the shrub is far out of its natural habitat of the lower southeastern United States. I grow it in a large pot...
1
1