Subject Author Posted Replies

you're a nation
What happens if I pee in my garden? -- Rich
9
9

Is this an Euphorbia Enopla ?
Is this - Euphorbia enopla? thank you +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...

Can anybody help identify this cactus?
Hello, this is my first post : ) I have looked in my cacti books, but i cant identify this one. I love cacti and have alot of them including yucca and succulents. This is baffeling me. If anyone can...
2
2

Manure adds essential nitrogen to garden soil
Is all-natural farm manure right for your garden? Could be. But manure is one of those rare things that is better when it is NOT so fresh, as I remind the reader who e-mailed me this question:...

Great Basin Bristlecone Pine (Pinus Longaeva) Seeds !
Dear Friends, Would You kind and send me some resources for purchase or acquire, Great Basin Bristlecone Pine (Pinus Longaeva) Seeds ? I'll Glad for Your Help, Best, Nicola

Wicked Plants
NPR - 2009's Crop of Great Gardening Books ("Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities" by Amy Stewart ( "Consider yourself warned," writes Amy Stewart....
3
3

Fantail Willow
First of all, how did somebody else's address get into the From line? I'm bonsaisr, & my address is Anyway, I have a fantail willow, Salix udensis 'Sekka,' that needs pruning. In Zone 5, how soon can...

OT Virtual telescope
This NYT article is worth a read. In it you will find And The latter requires starlight app and ~ 50 megs of RAM. All free. Neat way to gander the heavens once in awhile. Bill

1. Companion planting 2. drowned seeds
1. I goofed by planting rows of green onion seed between rows of already emerged spinach. My companion planting chart (viewed after the fact ) shows that onions are incompatible w/spinach. Looking for...
2
2

Herb Gardening
Greetings to all. I am new to the forum. A while back I discovered the rewards of herb gardening. Vegetables were always my first choice when it came to gardening but they can't compare with the fun...
5
5

Guess it's time to limiting my composting efforts
While I know I can keep dumping stuff in the black bin, the snow makes it a bit more of a PITA and we're out of the fresh stuff season now anyway. I'm trying hard to do more locally grown fresh stuff...
3
3

Dwarf citrus blooming
Yo, amigas y amigos - I have had terrible luck with dwarf citrus over the years (decades?). Finally got one that may make it, I hope I hope. As soon as I put it in the ground (I am skilled...
5
5

Ernest Clayton's watercolors depicting California wildflowers
13. Ernest Clayton Collection of California Wild Flowers Ernest Clayton's watercolors depicting California wildflowers are the subject of this online gallery from the San Francisco Public Library...
3
3

moving indoor ficus tree outside?
I've had a ficus tree in the corner of a room with large west and north views for a couple years now, but i'd like to move it onto the balcony with the same view(it's getting a bit large for the room)...
7
7

Storm
Big storm came to California, then jumped on jet (stream) and is headed East. Lots of snow, it was predicted for here, but went south of us instead, so not even a drop of rain. But Cold... it left...
6
6