2 questions about passilfora incense

First question: Recently the newer leaves are starting to look like someone sprinkled salt on them. I tried to see if these dots might wipe off but they don't. The undersides of the leaves look fine. Maybe it might have something to do with the ants I see crawling up and down it. Also, I have read that all passiflora incense are infected with the mosaic virus. Could this have anything to do with it.
Which leads me to my next question: If all passiflora incense are infected with the mosaic virus, can it be transmitted to other plants?
I live in NYC (zone7). The plant gets full sun.
Thanks in advance.
-Theo
1. They are nectaries. Do a google search for more info.
2. Yes.