Subject Author Posted Replies

Herbs and Deer
Are there Herbs that will deter Deer from the garden? MJ
23
23

Geraniums
My geraniums have been flowering up to early December in an unheated garage. For some reason they did not want to go into rest. They have not been watered, the flowers are now faded and some stems are...

Heated, flowing birdbath ??
Anyone here have a heated, flowing bird bath that you like, and if so, where did you purchase it? Thanks james
2
2

Free book: How to Prune for Better Flowers, Shrubs, Trees and Fruits
I just finished scanning and putting on the web a 42 page book on "How to Prune for Better Flowers, Shrubs, Trees and Fruits." It was written back in 1957. Possibly some techniques are dated? I...

Japanese knotweed
Hi I'm interested to see what sort of problems people encountered with japanese knotweed and how they have managed to get rid of the weed.
2
2

Garden Design
Hi. I wanted you to see my new Garden Design site and and say what do you think about him. Check it: This website is for sale! 7host05.com is your first and best source for all of the information...
3
3

Hydrangeas are budding out
I noticed today that my hydrangeas are budding out and starting to grow. It's mid January, and we have had colder than usual weather, yet there they go. And the tulips are pushing up through the ice...
7
7

OT Music new to me and You
Harmonia Mundi 3:46 Mike Oldfield Music Of The Spheres Classical MPEG audio file 6 1/19/10 4:02 PM 2008 Mike is still about and was new to me. What is new to you? Has a tubular bells hint but I find...
11
11

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's 39th Annual Show & Sale, "Easter Orchids"
April 3rd & 4th, 2010 Zilker Botanical Gardens Center 2220 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746 (512) 477-8672 Show & Plant Sale : 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday & 10:00am - 4:00pm Sunday. This year we...

Sevile Oranges
Anybody know where I can get some Sevile oranges? I live in Pennsylvania and will pay to have shipped.. l8r Jack Hill
5
5

Pawpaw lecture near Chicago
For anyone curious about Pawpaws, a native American fruit, there will be an interesting lecture at the Chicago Botanic Garden on Feb. 7 at 2 PM in Glencoe Illinois. Access is off of Eden's Highway at...

Tired of low fat sugar tasteless so back to making it the old fat way.
A rip off of a review in Amazon below rant. .............. Bill edited by me for brevity next back to Soybeans and Temphe in the oven warm. Those folks in Summertown are still about providing starter....

Giant Delphinium
Two years ago I planted some giant delphinium in a boarder together with gladiolas and lillies with the view that I should get a good mix of colour from May through to September. This worked well the...
2
2

Containers with clear water in garden
I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2 gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear plastic. Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I...
6
6

Urban Growing??
Hi all, I'm a 3rd Year Product Design student starting my major project. For this i've chosen to look at the issues associated with growing vegetables and herbs in an urban environment with limited...
3
3