Subject Author Posted Replies

My Mantis Tiller Came Today:)
Took me about an hour to get it all ready to go. It indeed looks like pretty good quality here on this machine. I only found one thing that worries me a bit and that's the little plastic choke. Sure...
8
8

Stake And Weave To Support Tomatoes And Peppers
Has anyone ever tried the stake and weave to support tomatoes and bell peppers? Looks like a pretty good system to me because you use a whole lot less stakes which can be kind of expensive these days!...
11
11

When to start lettuce in TX
I know it is probably okay to start Spinach and other cool weather greens, but we just had an out of the ordinary downpour of snow in and around Dallas today. I want to start some greens for the farm...

What animal is eating my vegatable plants.
I live in FL and I have built garden boxes that stand about 40+ inches off the ground. First something was eating the spinach only. So I build some chicken wire boxes, spinach safe now. Then they when...
10
10

Betula Utilis Jaquemontii(Himalayan Birch)
Hello, I have just moved into a property which has a birch as described above in the rear yard of the is approximately 15 feet high and I am wondering how I would tackle moving it onto a grassland...
5
5

Time to plant potatoes?
Some of the stores have seed potatoes. I'm in the mid Willamette Valley, just a bit south of Salem Oregon. It's mid February. We will get frosts at night for at about two more months. Isn't it a bit...
5
5

where i can buy large round wooden planter?
i am looking for large round wooden planter, where i can buy that noline?
1
1

rotavator or top soil
I have a very large garden, that needs tidying up. its basically a base. with bit of rubble. Im not sure if i should rotavate it or throw top soil on. Any one any ideas? Fiona
14
14

Mantis Tiller ?
Does anyone own a Mantis tiller and if so, how do you like it? I'm looking to buy a small tiller for my 250 sq. ft. garden. They seem a bit expensive at just over $300 but it seems most all the small...
11
11

What To Do About Our Lawn
Hi, Over the past years our lawn has turned to moss and I've been unable to reverse it. I've overseeded, put down lime, fertilizer, and moss killer. We live in Harvard, MA. The lawn is small with...
8
8

Need Small / Strong Trees to Break Blown Snow.....
I know this sounds bizarre, but I have an inconsiderate neigbor who plows snow into the side of my house with his snowblower. After debating options and discussing for him to stop to no avail, we...
5
5

Lavender brings fragrant history to your garden
Today we=92ll take a look at a very old plant with a long and storied history, but one that deserves a fragrant place in your garden. Lavender was definitely familiar to early Pilgrims arriving in...
2
2

Ah its just dirt...Get dirty...dig it
Dirty Bill P.S. Great snowed in perusing.

43 days till spring
Currently have over 30" but the power is OK. Stove cooking onion and garlic and sweet potatoes. Bill ..................   Ode On The Spring   Lo! where the rosy-bosom'd Hours, Fair Venus' train...
1
1

Free plants required
Hi there Just getting into a gardening have a fairly large garden surrounded by large privot hedges, within the garden there are a large number of rubble sandstone walls, I'm looking to see if any...