Subject Author Posted Replies

weeding walkways
I put down a lot of bricks and stones last year and I'm getting a lot of weeds in the cracks. Much of this is away from desirable plant life so I don't need a specific solution. I've heard vinegar and...
15
15

Help me protect 3 trees from a tosser
Hi all - this is my first posting here. I signed up to see if I could get some help with a neighbourhood problem I've got right now. Background: Some arse doesn't like a tree in the centre of a lovely...
7
7

Japanese Maple
I have a Japanese maple tree in my yard that seems to have more and more dead branches every year. Any idea what could be causing this? And what can I do about it?
3
3

hanging baskets
Hi i am a new member so be gentle with me i have a number of hanging baskets to fill and have just bought easy fill baskets does anyone know if these are any good best tell me now before i fill them...
1
1

Hello everyone!
Hello everyone! I am new here and i would like to participate this forum. i hope you to share my ideas! i hope i get good response. Thanks
4
4

Repairs to RYOBI 30cc Strimmer
I have a RYOBI PLT-3043YE 2-stroke 'expand-it' strimmer. Just a year old. The mechanism that retracts the starter cord has broken. Unfortunately you must remove the motor completely to get to this...

Duct tape for sweet peas
Yes, it sounds weird. But so did my earlier method for securing sweet peas (or morning glories) to a wood fence that backs up a long line of roses. Problem has been that I have no room to hang a sweet...
3
3

Plants for Trellis
Hello everyone, I've just joined and I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help us. I've recently erected a sturdy trellis above the dividing wall between my neighbours and our rear yards....
7
7

The Dandelion King from NYT opinion
I may be a Dandelion court jester.
8
8

how do i install a tree?
i've been wondering how to install a tree into my garden, currently i am having trouble decideing how to do, well, how to do everything involved! i don't know what type of tree to buy, i need...
6
6

Hi from a new member
Good afternoon just stumbled across this site its great Just a quick maybe a silly question, stawberries in a planter do you need to rotate so that all side have equal sunlight
4
4

Seed viability over time
Well I threw out my whole pack of lemon cucumber seeds. Duds the lot of them. What finally germinated was quite pathetic. Which makes me wonder; how long do seeds remain viable from year to year? I...
2
2

Growing Principles and DER
David E Ross has decloaked and given a pointer to his site: don't suppose it was a big secret but this is the first mention of that I recall. Perhaps I missed it before. I bring this up because of the...
4
4

Moss (Ugh)
Hello, a. I know Bleach works well as a driveway moss remover. Will Vinegar work as well ? Would much prefer to use it than Bleach. b. Guess I'll be getting the granular lime (Calcium Carbonate)...

Damage to a tree
Our local council has a lot of trees with ivy growing on them like this. They have been notified about it, but they do nothing. See picture on this link on Tinypic webpage. ivy growing like this do...
10
10