Subject Author Posted Replies

When can I pull up tulips?
I have some tulips in a half barrel that have finished flowering a couple of weeks back and I want to use the tub for something else. The leaves are still green and show no signs of going dormant. If...
3
3

When should I plant cauliflower?
I'm in central Pennsylvania, think it's zone 5-6. I want to plant some five or six week old seedlings for a fall crop. What date should I plant my seedlings in the garden? I'll be growing the purple...
13
13

Plants that are covered in but not destroyed by bugs?
A bit of an odd request i suppose, but i keep chickens and want to make a garden for them. I need plants that attract all manner of creepy crawlies and slugs but are quite dense to withstand a...
1
1

Rusty roses
Am suffering through a disgusting attack of rust on my roses. (This after just posting that garlic keeps off pests!) As another poster just noted, it came on SUDDENLY! I went on-line to read up, and...
7
7

Tiny garlic yield
I always plant garlic cloves between my roses. They seem to be effective in keeping off pests. But when the garlic tops die and I lift the new heads, they are so tiny! Pathetic. Any relevant...
8
8

Growing Garlic
Hi I am new on here. I love gardening and we try and grow as much as we possible can. We grow garlic and we have got terrible rust on it. We had the same problem last year. We ended up pulling the...
8
8

My Feelings About Organic
Organic is good as long as you can eliminate all the other toxins in your life which I feel is impossible. The air we breathe is toxic. If you eat meat, was that steak you just had raised on organic...
21
21

does anyone remember............
those big catalogues we would get that had all the suppliers of plants etc. ? do they have anything like that online? there used to be a nice orchid place near Madison Wisconsin had a lot of phals...
2
2

What Good Is All The Clover Without European Honeybees?
Time was when a person didn't dare walk into a field of clover in the US without shoes. Those days are gone forever, I guess.
1
1

Thinning
What does this term mean? Does it mean pulling out of plants/veg or does it mean you pull it out and replant it in another location?
5
5

My Lawnmower - HELP!
Hey there. Needing a little advice with my lawnmower. Its a Countax purchased from LLoyds Ltd a few years back. It has a B&S engine. 13.5hp. serial number - 28S777 1111 - E1 00031. Chassis number -...
1
1

Pepper plants peppered with purple spots
Sigh. So now the pepper are covered in purple spots. All my plants have big purple spots on the leaves. They were not there yesterday. Must admit this is turning out to be a bad year. New pots, fresh...
10
10

Need identfication of a plant in our yard..
Which plant is this? I never planted it, and somehow, its seeds took root in our yard. It's gorgeous! [IMG]...
3
3

cordless weedeater
Looking into a cordless weedeater, I am down to two of them, any users here have any experience with either the B&D NST 2018 or the Worx GT model with the lithium battery thanks Chet
7
7

replacement for Di-Syston?
In the past, I've used Di-Syston as a granular application to keep pests from bothering shrubs and trees. However, I see that it is no longer available. I've got a tree with something that keeps...
4
4