Subject Author Posted Replies

always wet area next to house
I've got a small area of soil right next to our house that I'm having trouble with. It is roughly 3' wide and maybe 14 or 15' long, right up against the west side of the house, between the house and...
16
16

IS this a finished Callistemon (Bottle Brush) flower
Hi Guys, I have just bought one of these lovely flowers and dont want to kill it!!! lol I did a google search and found this very informative thread on here question is... Is this a finished flower...
3
3

water on leaves of calla lily
My daughter bought me a calla lily plant in a pot. Its doing well, but it gets water droplets on the leaves. Is this normal?
1
1

how to fix my garden
Yes, it is just a case of putting seeds down and fertilizing it. You can pay a gardener to fix it, which will take time (and the right season), or you can get a can of green spray paint. How long...
2
2

Geoffrey Charlesworth's Poem
The new issue of Dave's Garden featured a quote from Geoffrey Charlesworth. Not knowing who he, I looked him up. Seems he was a much beloved gardener who died two years ago. Inter alia, he wrote this...
4
4

OK to use foliage spray as a water supplement?
I have a quantity of calicium water - 10% - which is a foliage spray concentrate. Would it be OK to use this as a dilution and just water the plants with it?
8
8

What is this weed called?
is an absolute nightmare in my garden, it's everywhere! I think it's chickweed, but can anyone confirm this, and state what type it is? http://tinyurl.com/34kw5gk http://tinyurl.com/3824w3gIt
8
8

plants you let live about
I let one mullein self seed just because I like the old fashion history it projects. Got just one Russian Broad Leaf Comfey as a reminder of the chickens we had. Could turn either into many via seed...
31
31

How do I care for Dwarf Sunflowers ??
I bought several of these and have put them in larger containers. Trying to find out how to care for them has been impossible. A Google search revealed what's below. When the bloom has obviously lost...
2
2

Wilting blackberry :(
I have had a cultivated blackberry briar (Bedfordshire something I think) growing on my fence for 24 years. Each year it puts up a new stem (in it's early days it was 2) which grows up to 18 feet in...
3
3

flower or weed
know what this is? Mentioned to wife that flowers look a little like hemlock and now she's worried. Frank http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/weed.jpgAnyone
15
15

me no green finger
hi all new gardener and not doing very well can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong plants are in pots and some indoor some out feed with miracle grow about once ever 2 weeks plants seem to be dieing...
3
3

What's ailing my mint?
This "weed" came in with a load of topsoil a few years ago. It smells & tastes like pennyroyal, I just love the stuff. So much that I brought some with me when I moved to another state. I've been...
6
6

Is there an animal that will selectively dig up baby hollyhocks?
My wife says the neighbor is stealing her hollyhocks. She is probably correct. The holes are clean, like from an English hand trowel, no foot prints around them. What is left of her seedlings in a...
8
8

Small compact shredder for garden needed
I live in a mobile home, so garden space is limited, as are the leaves and things to shred. So I need something, even hand powered, for shredding small amounts, would prefer small price also. Is there...
3
3