Subject Author Posted Replies

cutting back an arborvitae
My newly purchased house has two large (15') arborvitae trees in front of a small front porch. They are so large they block out any light in the front windows, and porch. A landscaper recommended...
9
9

conifers
i have 5 conifers they are about 5 years old, 4 of them are 3/4 brown and 1 is completely brown, they were ok last year, could it have been the bad winter. what do you think.
5
5

Solstice
So we are met again at the long and the short of it. Here's wishing you in the global south a fecund year in which your labor is amply rewarded, and may your trials be few. I hope your hours of winter...
1
1

What to put on tree with stripped bark
Something got into a dwarf plum tree and stripped bark from most of one side. It even got into the tree a few feet above the ground. There are teeth marks everywhere. The tree is about four feet tall...
7
7

Tree question
There's a local tree here in Southern Utah, and in Southern Nevada. All the leaves and stalks are purple. The tree gets to about ten foot high. It has fruit that looks a lot like cherries, but when...
14
14

are they safe?
Hello guys! Are goldfish safe in a garden pond? I'm planning to put goldfish in my garden pond.
24
24

brown dust of porus from fungi growth
Can any one help to identify this? I have some fresh mulch put around a tree in the front yard and few days before I saw a yellow layer of fungus groth on top of the mulch about the 3x3 inch size. I...
9
9

How to strike holly
Hi there, my name is Gen I have a question that I hoped somebody here could help me with. I would like to know how to strike holly, can I simply cut branches from a large tree and put them in soil,...

The curse of BER
So I added calcium to the soil, I used fish emulsion fertilizer and I sprayed the leaves with calcium water. And BER set in anyway. No water stress such as dry roots. I water every day as it is quite...
80
80

Still Planting
Just finished planting a Portofino and a Crookneck squash in rough soil that hasn't been gardened before. Also put in my climbing squash, 4 Zuccas, and a Tromboncini. There are already peas using the...

Chicory
I would love some Chicory in a few areas around my house but I just can't seem to get it to grow? It grows like weeds along the side of just about any road yet I just can't get it to grow here. I have...
3
3

Tips to choose affordable flower bouquets
It is really nice to send a bouquet of fresh flowers to that special someone in your life, as you very well know that it will cheer that person up and will make him/her feel happy. Fresh flowers can...

Re: replanted cypress/conifers - are they dead?
Hi all, 1st time post. I live in Ireland, and in the middle of May I got approx 25 cypress/conifers from a friends garden to replant in my own. They are about 18 - 24inches high, so I'm guessing were...
2
2

What is this garden insect?
slender body, two translucent wings, each with a white spot. Stands on leaves for hours. Never seen more than one in the garden, at a time. tia Alan http://i45.tinypic.com/f38gmq.jpgVery
6
6

groundcover under pines
i have a stand of mature pines( not sure what kind) that i cut the bottom branches off a few years that sufficient sunlight reaches the ground below the pines all kind of weeds have been sprouting up...
1
1