Subject Author Posted Replies

More bad tomato news
The "wilt" or whatever it is got so bad that I pulled up several large plants that were not producing. Also trimmed all the foliage (infected, dried) from the remaining plants and left ONLY the...
18
18

More Thoughts on Invasive Weed Grass (which is now identified)
OK. Pat K has identified my lawn invasion as Nimblewill: can pull a lot of it out by hand, given we get a few cooler days here in the Chicago suburbs, but I cannot get all of it out. I was thinking of...
5
5

What's happening to my grapevine leaves?
Hi, I've noticed on two of the grapevine plants we recently planted, the leaves have either got holes on them, or some edges are brown and crisp. I've attached an example of each case, any advice is...
1
1

So you think it is Hot What to do
Besides some drip irrigation well timed for the garden. Refreshed the bird bath and turned off most electric this soon. about 103 and dew point 62 F. Lawrence of Arabia . Desert Survival . Clothing |...
48
48

Win an Acupressure Mat
Hi have a competition running to win an acupressure mat. These mats are like the old bed of nails (but softer) and are said to help aching muscles as well as improving moods. Ideal for us busy...

Identify plant/flower
These have grown out of the mound of mushroom soil. Anyone know what they are? Looks like lots of new buds forming so it will flower for a little while yet. Flowers come out of the pod shaped things....
1
1

Foxgloves - Will cut seeds develop?
probably can take the whole plant up and hang it upside down. the seeds being so small might fly around some, so perhaps be sure the area is protected from strong breezes (but you do want dry and some...
3
3

Astilbe Leaf Damage
My previously healthy Astilbe has had a lot of leaf damage this year. The 'flesh' of many of the leaves has disappeared, leaving the skeleton of the leaf behind. I can't see any evidence of pests on...
1
1

hydrangea infestation, anyone advise
Hello My previously healthy hydrangea bush has developed some sort of problem, see attached pic. The scabs are about 3-5mm long but don't seem like the mealy bug or scales disease I've found info on -...
5
5

Purple Cone Flower
Greetings all, Over this past weekend, I bought a small "purple cone flower" plant at my local nursery to add to my little butterfly garden. I planted it as per the instructions of the guy at the...
9
9

i have a 4 foot window box and...
the depth and width is very narrow. it has a south exposure, and i have those deadhead petunias that force me to constantly water it and pluck out the dead flowers in order to rebloom. any...
1
1

Off Topic Afghan cost Major effort for 100
Afghan cost video from this weekend.
3
3

Lawn Problem
Take some photos and confront the builder, he is a scumbag. You are 100% on the money.
2
2

Azalea problem
Dead azealas will not come back to life. Sorry.
1
1

Invasive weed/grass in my lawn
I have the invasive grass/weed shown in the picture in many places in my lawn. The spots of weeds pop up with no apparent source. They do no respond to weed killer, and they crowd out regular lawn...
25
25