Subject Author Posted Replies

What are these things on my oak tree?
are these things and what should I do? Thanks in advance CraigT __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5412 (20100831) __________ The message was checked...
2
2

Can anyone identify this plant?
I was given this plant recently but do not know what it is. It has thick succulent-type leaves. I would like to put it in my rockery here in Greece. Is this likely to be an annual? Any help in...
3
3

Need to identify this aromatic shrub
The pictures show a general view of my evergreen shrub, a close-up of one stem and a close-up of the flower. The foliage has a strong eucalyptus aroma when lightly rubbed with the fingers. It...
5
5

Fall crops for pots
The cukes are coming down this weekend. They gave their all and I had a great crop. So now I will have 3 22 inch planters sitting idle. This is zone 9. Any ideas what would be a good fall crop that...
3
3

Fun With Skunks
I was trimming some shrubs which were rubbing against a window frame which needs to be painted, and I think I discovered where my local skunk lives - the one that scoots behind those bushes when I...
12
12

Victory Garden Host, and Gentleman gardener, Jim Wilson
passed away at the age of 85 in his new home in Columbia, Missouri. He was an incredible gardener, very gentle and sweet and knowledgable. I have a few of his books. I consider it a priviledge to have...
1
1

Natural Redhead
Natural Redhead: http://i34.tinypic.com/2hwcxlj.jpg
9
9

Big Blue
Big Blue: http://i35.tinypic.com/oqgdht.jpg
1
1

tree branch identification?
I know this is an odd question, and I am not sure if it belongs in this section. But can anyone identify what tree this branch came from. I have a stack of it in my yard that a friend gave me but have...
8
8

Deer Prune
Deer keep my red maple perfectly pruned: http://i37.tinypic.com/2dcfzhi.jpg

Help....Viburnum Leaf Beetle.
This pest has been on the rise the last two years in my area South east UK /south coast. In fact two years ago I don't think I even saw a mulched Viburnum tinus in the area. The situation is this: One...
1
1

Birmingham Gardeners' Show 2010 Sept 4-5
Hi all, Please find details for the wonderful Birmingham Gardeners' Show at Kings Heath Park in Birmingham. Birmingham Gardeners? Show 2010 Kings Heath Park, Birmingham 4-5 Sept 2010 Sat 10am ? 6pm...

cover crop yes or no?
have pulled up all my onions and beets...should I put cover crop there? If yes what should I plant? I am in Michigan zone 5.....I have access to large amount of Oak leaves would it be better to wait a...
10
10

What is this plant?
Recently in my area this plant has begun to look like it will flower, which it hasn't done in at least 10 years, so I would like to know what it is and if it has a chance of flowering in the UK (South...
4
4

Breakfast of champions
Fresh zucchini from the garden, sautéed in oil, seasoned with a little garlic, onion, salt, pepper. Served on bed of steamed white rice.