Subject Author Posted Replies

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
OK, I know that they enter a period of dormancy in the winter, but on sunny days they can be active. Even at night they may be attracted to lights in your home. When they have these temporary active...
6
6

Gardening problem quick covering plants
I have just built a house which has a large garden. The house was cut into the hill and as such I now have massive areas of steep slopes which need covering to prevent erosion and to look nicer. The...
4
4

Digging up Dahlias
The first frost have arrived and a few of the leaves have died but the plants are stll flowering. Is it time to dig up and overwinter or should I leave it a little longer ? Also when they are...
1
1

Silver Birch Problem
Hi, We planted a young silver birch in early September and it has become covered in small white raised bumps please see the link below. Could anybody tell me what it is? Whether it is diseased and if...
3
3

Petrol mower overwintering help
Hi, I was hoping someone could help us avoid some trauma next year! For the first time, we've invested in a petrol mower (mountfield) and a strimmer (ryobi) - 4 stroke and 2 stroke respectively. As...
10
10

Time to upgrade my grow lights
Currently using a 400W sodium light in an outdoor floodlight fixture. I'm not sure how many watts it actually uses; probably close to 500W and although the bulb is very efficient the fixture is not....

Angel Plant
My angel plant grew fast and tall this summer. The came autumn and the change of weather. From all that I've read, this plant can be left outside (WA state Zone 8-9) during the winter... or it should...
8
8

garden designs
If you are thinking about hiring a garden designer, try this guy, he did a great job on a friend of mine's place. He's done some fantastic garden designs, check out 'The Landscape Architect - Bespoke...
11
11

Advice needed: Teak Garden Furniture.
I'm thinking about buying some benches for the garden but, being new to this, (me and my partner having just moved in), I was looking for some advice. Also, my friend uses Twitter when he came across...
8
8

Are you addicted?
here are 20 questions taken from the official site of Gamblers Anonymous. These questions are provided to help the individual decide if he or she is a compulsive gambler and wants to stop gambling. If...
3
3

Caterpillar Identification Help please!
Hi, My son found a caterpillar in the wood next to the house and we are having trouble finding it, I am worried that it maybe an alien species. Unfortunately we did not get a photograph of it. All I...
2
2

Tips for flower seeds & vegetable seeds
Growing an herb garden right from scratch can be very satisfying. You can prepare your own patch and they start by sowing the herb 'garden seeds' ( of your choice. It is not as difficult as most...
1
1

Need a Chicas palm plant desperately
Hey guys, It is my mum's 50th birthday soon and she really want a Chicas plant. Any idea where I can get hold of one in the London area. Much appreciated. : )
1
1

"Old Wives Tales" NOT Working For Skunk Control!!
Hi All, Does anyone know of any EFFECTIVE way to keep skunks out of the yard. For about 3 weeks now, we have had a skunk coming out at night and destroying the yard. Also, they aren't destroying it...
15
15

"Hardening off" potato eyes
I had always been taught that it's good to "harden off" potato eyes before planting. Does anyone have comments about whether this is true/ false and (b) how long harden off before planting? Next: Is...
9
9