Subject Author Posted Replies

Cider apple pulper photos
Farm1/FarmI/Farml Pictures now posted I reckon even Charlie couldn't make it any cheaper Sign in - Google Accounts
6
6

garden mowers
I am a new member and wanted to know if anybody knows about lawnmowers
6
6

Raised beds for n00bs
Thanks to all who replied to my previous question. Clearly, I've got some work to do. :) I've settled on a pair of 2ftx8ftx2ft high boxes to start the spring. As for the wood, I'm considering PT for...
6
6

Cider apple pulper update
for the cider makers in the group. The apple pulper works fine. An old $10 waste disposal unit, taken apart and cleaned up and then reassembled. Now in its own collapsable stand. It can be lifted in...
8
8

Seeds
Is there really a difference between Wal mart seeds and Seed company seeds? MJ
6
6

Can Growing Tomatoes From Seed At Home Help Prevent Late Blight?
I think it can help indeed. Last season Penn State university was warning about another bad year for late blight in our area. I started all my plants indoors from seed. Gave plants to many of my...
2
2

"Just Add Ice" orchids
Today the temperature got up into the 20's, and to celebrate I went to Home Depot and bought a Phalaenopsis orchid for my office (because it was warm enough I could get it in from the parking lot...

Christmas Bloomers
Well, not exactly Christmas, because it rained all day on Christmas, so "Almost Christmas Bloomers".........in Northern California Central Valley: China Lily Narcissus Pansies/Violas Primroses...
2
2

Saving rain water
I have filled 2 trash cans with rain water, and could have filled two more! Also assorted buckets and other receptacles. We have had some great rains here in So. Calif. coastal, after several years of...
21
21

Tomato Support Idea
Since I'm cutting way back on my tomato plants this season, I think I'll try a different method to support the plants. I use the green steel fence posts that you buy at any hardware store 5' tall. All...
24
24

Frost Seeding Dutch White Clover
I'd like to seed some white clover into my existing lawn this year. I will give frost seeding a try in late Feb. early March. The problem is that clover seeds are so fine they would be hard to spread...
3
3

What's Your Favorite Bell Pepper To Grow?
Last year I planted the rainbow heirloom peppers and also the north star hybrid peppers. They both done fairly well with the exception of some blossom end rot on the early fruits. The wife and I both...
8
8

Won't Use Soaker Hoses Again This Season
Last year I used soaker hoses for the first time to irrigate my vegetable garden. They worked great and I had a good crop. The problem is that living in town, I'm on city water and sewer with a water...
36
36

Too late for bulbs?
Hi all I'm an idiot-level white-belt beginner gardener. I've just moved into a fantastic new place with a back yard. Since I grew up in Holland, I immediately thought "crocuses" and "tulips". No-one...
6
6

10 Tips For Growing Tomatoes
1. Don't Crowd the Seeds - When Growing Tomato Plants from seeds, you want to leave enough room for the plants to branch out. To many plants placed too close together will inhibit there growth. Once...