Subject Author Posted Replies

Seed Question(s)
Hi, Whilst in BnQ yesterday she managed to talk me into buying some seeds (though secretly i wanted to do it too but shhhh, dont tell her :). Anyway, what we got was sweetcorn, carrots, lettuce and...
2
2

Springtails - help!
Hi I am a very novice gardener and I am growing chilli plants for the first time. I have 6 little plants, and they have been doing really well on the windowsill in my kitchen. When watering them a few...
1
1

What type of tree is this
Hello Can you tell me what type of tree this is in the picture is below Distinctive feature are these round hard balls/shells growing on the branches fall on the floor. I thought it was a pine tree...
3
3

Cherry tree broke?
A severed branch won't root, but if there are still branches attached to the tree they can be layered; bent to the ground and covered with some earth and a rock to hold it in place... within a couple...
3
3

Rattlesnakes scare me
This drought is getting bad. I was standing under a tree soaking it down with a full stream of water from the water hose when I noticed a little rattlesnake about ten inches long making a run for the...
6
6

Spring Is In The Air
Tulips are up: are up: crew: a pair, beats the brits: IQs than DC birdbrains: http://i54.tinypic.com/1zeh01j.jpgDaffs

What kind of a plant is it?
Hi, I am trying to grow a plant used for hedges. Can someone please tell me what kind of a plant is it (the name) and how can we grow it (2 pictures on website: ) ? currently I cut a small branch and...
4
4

Steppable Mosses?
While browsing the web I found a picture of something I would like to try. The person had taken irish moss and made circles on a path to form 'stepping stones' with white pebbles around the moss...
3
3

Hummingbirds Arrived in the Catskills
For the first time my hummers arrived nearly three weeks early... must be an omen... I'm thinking those little guys made a beeline to escape the tornadoes. My pair of mallards arrived early too.
1
1

Please see my I.D. Question on Binary posted one minute ago
Plant is in Garland TX 8a Thanks
2
2

Houseplant from seed
Hi there, I've been doing some googling and not really come across what I'm looking for, so hoping some folk here can point me in the right direction. I've grown a tomato plant before, and a couple of...
4
4

Rose doesn't open fully
Here's a pic of a rosebush that bears abundantly, but most of the blooms don't open fully. What causes this? I'm in Zone 8, So. Calif coastal. TIA IMG] http://i54.tinypic.com/1zeh00j.jpg/IMHB
3
3

General garden question
Hi, i'm new to gadening and i was just wondering if anyone could advise me... My garden is an absolute mess and would probably be best if someone could just hit the 'reset' button. Is there any way...
4
4

to till or not to till?
Hello, The last time I asked a question on this group, I got some good advice and some outrageousness. It was all fun. Let's see if we can do that again. (I'm not qualified to give much advice on a...
10
10

Little Purple Flowers In Lawn
My front lawn is loaded with little purple flowers this year. I think they may be violets. Any ideas as to how I can get rid of these? Rich From PA ............ Zone 5-6
11
11