Subject Author Posted Replies

chopping off annual larkspur
I have a 25 foot bed of larkspur which is about finished cutting wise, if I chopp off all the flowers will it give another flush later in the year ??? I have my daughters wedding to supply flowers for...

Identify small tree
Anyone have any idea what it is?
7
7

Hanging a Fern
I've got a north facing shady screened porch (7b Piedmont). I'd like to hang 6 ferns off that. Not sure what I got, but they are tallish until they droop over, and are cold hardy. They are root bound...
3
3

How transplant plant Agave
I was given two medium-sized Agave plants. Looks like they were just cut off the main plant. Anything special I need to do when planting? What kind of conditions do they like? I'm assuming...
11
11

Raised Bed
Set stage. Need to add more growing space for growing herbs. Have some back yard, sun. I have several raised beds, started as flowers, now mish mash, don't ask! Everything evolves. Right?! So got, yes...
20
20

RE: Corkscrew plant
Hello. Please can anyone help me to identify the proper name for a plant which was about a foot high, with dark green very symetrical corkscrew stems all originating from the one clump at the base? No...
3
3

chemical Miracle Gro versus organic BetterWorld Plant Food.
Billy, me thinks you best take your medicine now..... ------------------------------------------------- You bored, David? You country types get so lonely you'll even talk to Jehovah Witnesses. Enough...
6
6

110 degrees
I knew it was hot when the garden was dried out after being watered good early this morning. I was shocked when Time & Temp told the temperature. Even the weather app on the computer shows 108...
9
9

Gardening, cooking show
There is a show on PBS called A Taste of History which shows how cooking was done several hundred years ago. They cook with a lot of fresh vegetables over a hearth fire and go around New England...
2
2

Harvested first tomato- blah!
Very disappointed. Harvested first tomato - ate it straight off the vine. Blah taste, no zing. It's one of the ubiquitous tomato plants sold in So. Calif. nurseries. I am notorious about not tagging...
7
7

Pale pepper plants
I've got 4 varieties of pepper this year. All are doing well except for my New Mexico Big Jim. The leaves are a pale green. The other peppers are much greener. The pictures I've seen of these peppers...
1
1

Climbing plant help
Hi I have a gravelled area at the end of my garden which provides parking for my weekend car. It has a pergola and trellis around it. I currently have two roses climbing one side of it but another...
1
1

25 year old bales of hay ok for mulch?
picked up some 25 year old bales of hay for free today....they are from an old barn set to be demolished they stink of animal urine and feces....apparently raccoons have have been living there for...
8
8

Rhododendron needed
The only rhododendron I have been able to grow successfully is Rhododendron Ponticum. I would like to find one in pink or red that is as strong as Rhododendron Ponticum. Can anyone recommend one?...
1
1

What is this Plant?
Hello all, I am new to this forum so please be gentle. I have this plant growing in my garden in Kent and would like to know what it is. It has clusters of tiny pink flowers and the leaves are approx...
9
9