Subject Author Posted Replies

Underground electric lines
Is it safe to plant shrubs or trees close to (5 or 6 feet away) underground electric lines? Thanks
4
4

Critical Feeding V Organics, Microbes & better Soil Management
Farmers found out a long time ago that critical feeding (feeding excessive amounts of 'synthetic' fertiliser) results in bumper yields. So who can blame them, when the world is run by the dollar, when...
16
16

Climbing Hydrangea - Rust?
Hi, This is the second year of growth on my climbing Hydrangea, and over the past couple of weeks the leaves have started to discolour... See pictures... assume this is Rust, but I'm not sure?...

Wind Tunnel
Hi Adders, Yes, its not easy without forming some sort of screen to break the wind. here are a couple of options you may wish to consider but they do rely on forming a type of partition ! Please...
1
1

Hibiscus
I plan on planting several large Hibiscus plants this fall. My friend tells me I cannot use regular soil for growing them because they need a special soil mixture. I've never heard of such a thing....
9
9

Help with garden/planting layout
Hi Guys, First time on here, so feel free to tell me off if this is an innapropriate question. Moved into a 3 bed terraced a little over a year ago and spent most of last year focussing on the garden....
3
3

Can you tell me what this plant is????
Hi all, I have just found this growing in my garden, Can anybody tell me what it is??? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
3
3

Cucumber seedlings from nurseries
Since I lost my cucumbers again I decided to try some seedlings this time. Went to Lowes. I found the variety I always like to grow but the pots each had 4 seedlings in them. They looked pretty...
4
4

Viburnum Suckering
Do I have to cut the suckers? I have 3 vb that have been in place for 5 years. This year they are suckering like crazy! I can't keep up with the pruning. Do I really have to cut the suckers?
4
4

Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??
I have a vacation property in the mountains, of about six acres, two acres of which are cleared and developed. I have areas away from the house area in which I need water access for watering plants,...
77
77

Help!!!
Hi, I am new to gardening so please excuse my ignorance!!....I have grown some veggies but in this pot I forgot to mark what was in it!!...I know there were some speedy salad seeds in there and I...
3
3

Nutrient problem in bagged soil?
This year I am using Sta-Green Flower and Vegetable Planting Mix. I had really good luck with it last year ao I use dall new soil this year. Something is just not right this year. First, my second...
2
2

honda mower, stripe strip
message to all who may know the secrets held in this tiny peice of my mower. but will it yeild its secrets. will it f**k...i need to remove the original rubber, and replace with new one..now the old...
2
2

Everything but the plants..
I'm interested in finding out what y'all have in your gardens by way of landscaping ie buildings and other structures, fencing and screening, paving, mulches, planters, washing lines, pools and ponds...

42 year old bizzie Lizzie
Hello , This is my first post so please be gentle with me . This is the story of my pet plant . When I was a 7 year old , I was given a bizzie Lizzie by my teacher . Every day I would come home after...
2
2