Subject Author Posted Replies

Another groung hog
Being such a voracious eater, this one was caught 45 minutes after setting the trap this morning; they aren't all that "dumb", we had one here sometime back that would literally perch beside the trap...
7
7

Wilting Tomato Plant
I have four tomato plants in my garden. It has been in the upper 80's the last three days here in SW Wisconsin. Three of the four are doing well, but one of the plants, an heirloom, has been wilted...
3
3

Hydrogen peroxide for garden?
Has anybody tried Hydrogen Peroxide for garden plants? If so how did you use and was it beneficial? So many uses for HP: house cleaning, sanitizing, gardening, removing mold, removing stains & odors,...
4
4

Lawn mowing, Norwegian style
Somebody sent me this one: ============= For you old Vikings: Ole and Sven were waiting at the bus stop when a truck went past loaded up with rolls of sod. Ole said, "I'm gonna do dat when I win da...
1
1

Benefit for our plants
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit Have you ever know LED Grow Light? -...

Best ground cover to walk on?
We have a new street tree in front. NYC's standard tree pit size is now 4-1/2 x 9 feet. It is right along the curb. With nine feet along the curb there will be people getting out of cars and into the...
21
21

Speaking of Watercress
I haven't had any watercress in prbably 45 years. I've seen some here and there in a few small streams but they're all polluted. Is there any commercially available water cress?
3
3

Tomatoes
We've had lots of intentions, this year but all we do is Dr's appointments etc. Is it too late to put out good tomatoes, in the Southeast US? In large pots, of course. Last times we tried, to have...
5
5

self-watering of tomatoes plants
In my bid to promote self watering of my tomatoes I have filled a couple of empty milk bottles, made a hole with a heated NEEDLE (so we are talking about a tiny hole) underneath hoping that the water...
4
4

Plant ID please
Hi, Can someone please identify this plant for me. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
5
5

Yellowing of four o'clock plants
I've grown four o'clock plants here for years, but this year for some reason a lot of my plants are yellowing on the top. Here are a couple of pics: have no clue what is causing this - as far as I...

Wood Chips Ahoy
I have a section of the yard in full shade, a bit of English Ivy had grown there poorly (Atlanta 7b Piedmont) and too much Wysteria. It's currently cleared. So, I've got a notice the power company is...
3
3

Climber ID Please!
Hello everyone! I have this climber in my garden and I have no idea what it is called! It has coiled tendrils and 5 leaflets per leaf. I attach (hopefully) a photo. Thanks!...
5
5

dealing with out of control garlic chives
is there any method that works other than trowel and sweat. I've got them coming up through the landscape fabric and mulch. So far, Round up hasn't helped. Or am I in for a several long sessions on...
5
5

ID Cleveland Ohio garden weeds please
and what I can do to stop them? Hi, in my little front garden against the front of the house, I planted alyssums, violas, and marigolds. The last week or so, the weeds you see with the roundish leaves...
3
3