Subject Author Posted Replies

Compost Tea Source
Does anyone have a purchase source for compost tea already made. I would like to try this stuff before I invest in equipment to make my own. Thanks in advance
5
5

Please State Your Geographic Location and Your Climate
When you seek advice about plants, please let us know where you are and what your climate is. Advice for the Cheviot Hills of England will be quite different from advice for the Cheviot Hills of Los...

Mandevilla
I was at the Home Despot and picked up a Sun Parasol Mandevilla. It was big and $10. Since I'm in Atlanta, 7b, and freezing temps are not uncommon, I'm going to either bring it in or enjoy it for the...
8
8

Tree questions
We recently had two nice trees die. One was a weeping mulberry, the other a desert willow. Both were very hardy in our region. The desert willow died because our leachfield, which it was planted on,...
1
1

Weeping Willow Planting Question
I'd like to plant a weeping willow tree in my front yard for shade. I live in central Texas, zone 8. Is now a bad time to plant a weeping willow? Some of the websites I've visited won't ship until...
6
6

Thatch Roofing
We provide thatch roofing material of great quality that last longer than other thatch roofing materials available in the market.
1
1

Do i have knotweed?!
hello all about 3 months ago I received about 25 tonne of soil from a friend of a friend (long story cut short) to level out my rear garden. I have moved about half of it so the rest of it is still...
3
3

How to know when potatoes are ready to be harvested?!
I planted yukon potatoes a few weeks ago and am not quite sure what to look for for when they are ready. Can anyone give me some helpful hints? Thanks so much!
2
2

Update
Location: Rockaway, NY City Soil: sand, sand sand Soil treatment- as much compost as I can generate, generous amount of peat moss, about 50 pounds of store-bought manure (what happened to bags of...

Walnut Tree
We went to France about 3 years ago and brought back some Walnuts. I stored them but they went all mushy and horrible. I chucked them on the garden hoping that the birds would like them but one of...
5
5

Dead spots on cucumber plant leaves?
I have noticed some dead spots on my cucumber plants. It's as if the vascular system is cutting off certain spots and letting the spots dry out like leaves in the fall. These images look similar, but...

apples
I am a novice gardener..........what are the rules to follow when picking apples.
3
3

Elder question
Sambucus nigra, canadensis and caerulea (glauca) are often considered as only subspecies. Is it true that they do not hybridize freely?

Perlite, or...?
Would someone please remind me -- I don't remember the thread-- where an alternative to Perlite was suggested. I have to shop for a soil "lightening"element, and there was a reason given why the...
4
4

Leaf miners yet again
So I pulled up many of my third panting of cucurbits. The leaf miners destroyed them in the cotyledon stage for the second time now. Even spinosad applied heavily could not stop them. I have no idea...
1
1