Subject Author Posted Replies

Why no more new fruit on my zukes?
Hi All, I am attempting to grow zucchini this year. I am a total beginner and no little of what I am doing. Problem: on my four producing plants, I have lots of flowers but no new fruit. I initially...
10
10

Fuchsias
Does anyone want to swap fuchsias?

Greenfly on sweet peas
I had a bad infestation (on sweet peas) so I drenched them in soapy water. The greenfly were washed away, but now the plants look scaly and yellowy-white. The flower stems are very short and the buds...

Growing Day lilies in AZ
I would like to know if Day lilies can be grown in south central AZ. I have just returned from the Midwest and have decided that I would like to grow these flowers here.
6
6

Early spring likely in east Oz
We have had a week of temperatures up to 24C, it is cooler today with overcast and drizzle but not really cold. Most of the deciduous plants are budding, I had to hurry and finish pruning the roses...
8
8

What on earth is this badboy?
Saw this this morning in Denver. Anybody know what it is called and its MO? s-a
2
2

Health issues and how to maintain a garden
Just wondering if any of you folks who liked to hands on deal with the limits of hands off the physical stuff. I hit it as I can but it not as hard as I'd like. Puttering seems to be becoming more...
5
5

Can You Apply Lawn Fertilizer and Grub Control At The Same Time??
Not sure if this question has been asked here already, but just wondering if you can apply lawn fertilizer and a separate grub control product at the same time. A few days ago, we just applied the...
10
10

Government in your garden
Another article -- in the Washington Post -- on the infamous case where the woman who made her front lawn into a (neat, beautiful) veg garden has been ordered to demolish it and replace with more...
6
6

Planter suggestions
Hi all I just inherited a rectangular planter, about 3 feet by 16 inches by 16 inches deep. I am looking for suggestions on what to stick in there. I live in Rockaway, NYC, close to the ocean, so salt...
18
18

U/C Berkeley 2008
Genetically Engineered Plants and Foods: A Scientist's Analysis of the Issues (Part I) Annual Review of Plant Biology Vol. 59: 771-812 (Volume publication date June 2008) First published online as a...
3
3

Does anyone know if the UK ever commissioned this study?
Does anyone know if the UK ever commissioned this study? Genetically Engineered Plants and Foods: A Scientist's Analysis of the Issues (Part I) Annual Review of Plant Biology Vol. 59: 771-812 (Volume...

Okra being defoliated by bugs
My okra plants are being eaten so badly by the bugs, they are becoming defoliated, and I'm not sure I can get them to live long enough to grow big enough to resist this onslaught. I've used slug...
24
24

Preen
So as not to hijack another post, could people please give me the short answers on Preen? I bought a tub of it, and my neighbor swears by it. Is this something that has to be applied in the winter...
1
1

cutting-edge water-savers
Couple incorporates cutting-edge water-savers in their home Looking for a new home and a new challenge, the couple decided to distill everything they had learned into a house they could call their...