Subject Author Posted Replies

Ugh - what's next?
fail: GMO crops are losing their pest control powers by Sarah Laskow 29 Aug 2011 Monsanto crops bred to thwart western corn rootworms, which love eating corn roots, are no longer are doing their job....
1
1

Anyone here from California or Florida? Second try at getting information
I brought back from CA here to Illinois some 7/8 diameter palm tree seeds, like miniature cocoanuts. They had fallen from the seed pod clusters on the tree and were laying on the ground/sidewalk. When...
7
7

The toughest grass in the world?
Hi guys, I'm Stu and I'm trying to find some advice. I wasn't sure where to look, but thought some of you guys might be able to help? My problem surrounds grass, as per the title. I'm part of a local...
11
11

Dying Osmanthus
I planted the Osmanthus about 7 years ago and it's been fine the whole time. It's in the front garden and gets plenty of sun. It can get windy but as it is quite short there has never been any...
1
1

Potting Shed Site
Hi There, I'm Looking At Investing In A Potting Shed, However, The Only Site I Have Available Is A Norteast Facing Wall, With Some Confiers 10 Feet Away (to The Ne). There Is No Obstruction To The...
8
8

More of that "Identify this" game...
Zone 5b Ontario Canada. Wierd little plants sprung up this year. Orange pouches hanging from 12" leafy stalks. Only our second year with this yard. May have been planted by British folks who owned...
1
1

When to plant palm tree seeds?
I brought back from CA here to IL some 7/8 diameter palm tree seeds, like miniature coconuts. They had fallen from the seed pod clusters and were laying on the ground/sidewalk. When I lived in FL, we...

Can anyone identify these plants please?
Hi, trying to idenetify the attached, the tree was growing in the garden when we moved in , the other was a present & the name & details have long gone as it's been re potted & moved. Would really...
7
7

love cartoon Family Guy
Family Guy is an American animated television series centering on the Griffins, a dysfunctional family consisting of parents Peter and Lois; their children Meg, Chris, and Stewie; and their...
3
3

ready made potted balcony garden
Hey all, just thought i would go on here to let you know that I am so so so pleased with my new balcony garden. I bought it from 'Blooming Balcony - Ready Made Balcony Gardens delivered straight to...

Irene
So much for my garden :( Chris
3
3

Gardening application of Non-woven weed control fabric
Weed control fabric is actually made of pp spun-pond non-woven fabric,it is Eco-friendly,we are a manufacturer of weed control fabric,if you have demand,we could customize for you according to your...
1
1

Eggplant problem
I have grown eggplants in this garden for five years, and I rotate their position each year. This year, half of my eggplants are having the same problem to greater or lesser degrees. The leaves will...
5
5

Harry Lauder's Walking Stick
is there a way to control the suckers that grow at the bottom of this bush?
1
1

Lots of fun Gardening Chat on Facebook
I recently stumbled across a site called Gardening Direct after searching for online competitions. I found their Photo of the Week competition via their Facebook page and have enjoyed looking through...