Subject Author Posted Replies

Beginning gardening
How do I measure the amount of sun I get? Well, I ordered a light meter, knowing I won't remember to follow through on measuring light on my own.
2
2

what to do with old corn stalks?
Hi All, My corn experiment kind of went bust. I think my soil is too poor. I will try amending my soil more next year. In the mean time, what do I do with the old stalks? Toss them in the trash? Plow...
31
31

Plant not doing well
What is this plant (in my office), and why is it not doing well? It gets light, water, food. Is it getting leggy? Woody? What to do? TIA for any help.

Office plant - ailing?
This plant gets sun, air, water and food, so why does it look so crummy? Does it need to be cut back, or? Also anybody know its name? HB http://tinypic.com/r/28aj39l/7TIA
7
7

Let's design a new watering product!
Companies seem to always be introducing new products but they don't seem to solve my needs. I am sorry if it feels like I am venting. Do you feel the same? I believe we all have great ideas that...
3
3

How to are for this plant?
Hi all, I was recently given this plant because a friend was moving city and could not care for it any more. Can I have some advice on how to care for it and what kind of plant it is? I'm a complete...
4
4

Roses
Well the deer have eaten so much of my rose bushes they are clinging to life. There are a bunch of dead branches as well as canes. I am afraid if I cut them back as far as they need to be they won't...
17
17

A Great Growing Product
I have no affiliation with this company other than being a very satisfied customer... I buy Moodoo from the local Agway.

What are the names of these weeds?
1
1

yew hedge dying
my yew hedge is dying due to dogs weein up it, is there anything i can use to deter the dogs and wont cost a fortune?
1
1

What can I grow in a 1" wide, 4" deep hole?
hi guys! I know nothing about gardening and my back garden is just concrete :( In the middle though is a hole where a rotary clothesline was. It's full of mud and so a small weed has grown in it,...
6
6

Budlier
Hi Everone I have a very small garden , but have a lot of plabts in it . I have a well established budlier that i would like to move . When would be the best time to do this and do I prune it first ??
10
10

On for young and old.....
.....at this time of the year. Spring has sprung and the birds are nesting and mating and the bees are all over every flowering plant within sight. I counted 6 bees round just 3 daffodil flowers in a...
8
8

Mint Tea fertilizer
Hello! I know that you can use comfrey tea, and even normal 'builders' tea as a plant fertilizer. Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldnt use Peppermint Tea? It must contain nitrogen and other...
25
25

Please id this flowering plant
I planted this 3 years ago, but don't know its name. Can someone identify it for me please. There is more info with the photo, which is at . Thanks.
2
2