Subject Author Posted Replies

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's 41st Annual Show & Sale, "Orchid Heaven"
April 28th & 29th, 2012 Zilker Botanical Gardens Center 2220 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746 (512) 477-8672 Show & Plant Sale : 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday & 10:00am - 4:00pm Sunday. This year we...

How Long Does Tree Spray Need?
I've been wanting to spray my small orchard for three days now, since the petals fell, but it's been too windy. I'd hoped the wind would die down this evening, Thursday, but no luck. I'll try tomorrow...
1
1

Sears 21" Front Wheel Drive Mower-Wheels Frozen
I have a Sears front wheel drive lawn mower, 21 inch 6.75HP, model # 917376551, that is about 6 years old. Today while mowing, when I engaged the front wheels by squeezing the lever on the handle, I...
3
3

Bluebell from seed
I've just got hold of some English Bluebell seeds but need some advice on growing them. There are instructions but they seem quite complex involving moving here and there depending on the the current...
1
1

Planting potato eyes
Have cut up some red potato eyes to plant. Looked it up on-line. They say to mound up +- 6" of mulch after burying the eyes. I never understood why one has to do this, rather than just let the new...
11
11

Blueberry trying to bloom
OK, we don't have much "winter" in So. Calif. coastal.a But isn't one of my new blueberries being a little unreasonable, trying to bloom? Should I do anything about it? TIA HB (BTW, I understand that...
1
1

Chaenomeles Japonica
Clearly my first post went down like a lead balloon so I am trying again as am sure someone must have one of these .... I am trying to find a plant/shrub that will climb a 5' foot fence but be able to...
3
3

apple pear or
nashi pear or korean pear or asian pear or... the pear is known by many names. its home is in asia. its fruit is most delicious. has anyone tried raising one?
6
6

Vine to shield junque area
I am redoing the back area where I keep garden equipment -- tools, bins, shelves -- other unsightly but necessary,"junque" back against the property fence. Idea is to create a visual screen by hanging...
3
3

Want dark red flowers
Hi All, - first post. I have been gardening for years now and have become obsessed with colour more and more. I am trying to find a plant/shrub that will climb a 5' foot fence but be able to keep it...

horsetail
the field to the north used to have a nice mound of dirt at the corner on the other side of the ditch so that when people forgot there was a T there they would hit it (often coming from the bar a few...
1
1

BEST PLANT EVER
what is the best plant ever? my bet would be the noble Melocactus deinacanthus. it is a manly creature radiating mucho macho attitude. real badass of cacti which makes him the most badass plant ever.
1
1

black hills spruce
I have beautiful black hills spruce that is about 60 feet high,over 20 yrs old,I noticed some of the branches are turned brown ,all in the inner part of the tree,the out side seems fine.I live in...
5
5

The day my kousa dogwood dropped its leaves
Kousa dogwoods drop all of their leaves in two days, with most dropped on the first day. Tuesday was the day when mine decided to drop. So I noted the day in my calendar. I now plan to do this each...
3
3

Garden Enthusiast's Needed for Project - Help Please!
Hello Enthusiasts, I am currently doing an Architecture project where I will be designing a plant and tree enthusiasts retreat in Bradgate park, Leicester. Within this I think I would like to have : A...
7
7