10 10 10 fertilizer smells like ammonia - can I use it?

I have a bag of 10 10 10 fertilizer that's been sitting a while and now it smells like ammonia. Is it still usable?
Thanks
brassplyer wrote:

the ammonium nitrate has begun to break down. you can use it, but don't expect the same result as you'd be getting from a fresh bag.
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:11:31 -0700 (PDT), brassplyer

Yes. Best to keep dry fertilizers up off the floor and dry. I put excess fertilizer in recycled plastic bottles labeled with a Sharpie. Unlike a bag, the bottles keep the contents dry.