Zuchinni Size

Page 2 of 2

I've had 2.5 pounders all season and no one complained about the quality. I kept asking and everyone agreed they were good. Four pounds is a bit bigger, but you'll only know if you taste. ANd as people suggest some recipes are forgiving. Grilled, chopped, stuffed zucchini, zuchiini pie.
I recently shredded about a 1/2+ pound, salted, it, left it to dry out and used it in meatloaf. I like a lot of veggies in my meatloaf. I mixed it in with diced peppers, finely chopped onion, garlic. I use a mixture of spices, vinegar, worcheshire and diced can tomatoes as a topping. DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 2nd year gardener http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier /
Oooh, yummy, stuffed baked zucchini! Look for a recipe on recipes.com. Also my English neighbour always takes my giants for a relish she makes. Then you can grate them and make zucchini cake and zucchini bread, like carrot cake. also yummy. They make great filler in meat loaves and you can always just cut into sticks, batter and fry. And at our local Salt Spring Island Fall Fair, we put wheels on them and race them down the ramp in the "Zucchini 500"
Denise

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:40:15 -0700, "Denise Bachman"

LOL literally! Sure would like to see some pictures of this. Does your festival have a web page?