Yeeesssssss.....

I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.

It was delicious.

I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not gonna think about it.

There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

I'm jealous! I have little green tomatoes here. It will be at least another month.

sigh

You are a lucky girl!

marcella

Reply to
Marcella Peek

I don't even have flowers yet......

Reply to
FDR

Zone 5b here in Poughkeepsie, New York and I'm not a head of ya by much. I have flowers but no little 'maters yet.

Reply to
Steve Calvin

oh, but I forgot... my garlic plants have scaped! :-D

Reply to
Steve Calvin

I started picking a few in March... but those were from an experimental vine planted in the greenhouse in a 3 gallon pot last November, so I cheated.

Reply to
Katra

Probably another week until the cherry type tomatoes are ready. The squash has started producing and the bees have found it. I picked one eight ball and one regular zucchini for supper tonight. I will saute it with home grown onion and garlic. Also sprinkle a bit of Italian Seasoning on it.

I also discovered how far winter squash can spread. Next year we will plan for more space around them. The peas are on their last legs. Will plant pole Romanos in their place.

Reply to
The Cook

Central Florida, Zone 9B here and Tomato season is over. Picked the last two just the other day and they are small laggards. It's too hot to grow them here over the summer. Will plant the next batch come labor day.

David

Reply to
David

I just planted my tomato plants in the garden last weekend.

I am thinking about how I got them in a week earlier than I have in a few years. :-(

Steve

Reply to
Steve

My tomato plants just have flowers on them. but then I did get them i

later than usual.

Even the volunteer tomato plants still just have flowers on them.

Penel> contented sigh

-- Maryc

Reply to
Maryc