Yeeesssssss.....

<contented sigh>
I picked my first ripe tomato today, a Stupice.
It was delicious.
I'm savoring the moment, not going to think about how I'm more than a month behind where I was this time last year. Nope, not gonna think about it.
There was fresh basil to go with the tomato.
Penelope

I'm jealous! I have little green tomatoes here. It will be at least another month.
sigh
You are a lucky girl!
marcella

I don't even have flowers yet......

FDR wrote:

Zone 5b here in Poughkeepsie, New York and I'm not a head of ya by much. I have flowers but no little 'maters yet.
--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?
Steve Calvin wrote:

oh, but I forgot... my garlic plants have scaped! :-D
--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?
Steve Calvin wrote:

Central Florida, Zone 9B here and Tomato season is over. Picked the last two just the other day and they are small laggards. It's too hot to grow them here over the summer. Will plant the next batch come labor day.
David

I started picking a few in March... but those were from an experimental vine planted in the greenhouse in a 3 gallon pot last November, so I cheated. <G>
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hellyou

Probably another week until the cherry type tomatoes are ready. The squash has started producing and the bees have found it. I picked one eight ball and one regular zucchini for supper tonight. I will saute it with home grown onion and garlic. Also sprinkle a bit of Italian Seasoning on it.
I also discovered how far winter squash can spread. Next year we will plan for more space around them. The peas are on their last legs. Will plant pole Romanos in their place.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

<discontented sigh>
I just planted my tomato plants in the garden last weekend.
I am thinking about how I got them in a week earlier than I have in a few years. :-(
Steve
My tomato plants just have flowers on them. but then I did get them i
later than usual.
Even the volunteer tomato plants still just have flowers on them.
Penelope Periwinkle Wrote:

-- Maryc