Worm farms - collecting/harvesting worms?

Page 2 of 4

Yeah, it was the satellite broadband connection I meant. We've got it but the sodding ISP doesn't offer newsgroups so I also had to maintain my dialup connection. It was either that, give up my addiction to newsgroups or pay an annual fee to a German ng server.
be given> wrote in message

Not the way I enjoy Usenet but there is always Google groups http://groups.google.com/ and for this thread see <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens.edible/browse_thread/thread/1975e16b504d5f4d?hl=en# I hate the idea that ISPs no longer offer Usenet as a standard.
Mike
FarmI wrote:

There are free news servers and in any case the fee for a pay for use news server would have to be less than maintaining an ISP just for that.
Here is the one that I use:
http://albasani.net /
David

Yeah, I know but it's become one of THOSE domestic disbliss sore points. When the Head of Home Affairs decided we simply must go satellite, he asked me what I wanted in a provider. I said that I didn't give a rat's posterior what the download or speed was so long as it offered access to newsgroups. No prizes for guessing what the satellite provider fails to provide. I did tell you I was married to an alien. And today marks the anniversary of having been married to him for 38 years!

Thank you so much for that. I might give then a try and see how we like each other. You seem to have no trouble posting and I see your posts often enough so that might just meet my needs. thanks again

Which was probably penned before the word "Gay" was hijacked to apply to a bunch of unnatural beings

snipped-for-privacy@altavista.com wrote:

Why don't you just call them "Papists", "darkies", "pinkos", or "Christ Killers"? What is unnatural is your profound ignorance in a world of information. http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx The good news is that you can be cured by opening your eyes, and your heart. Go to http://www.haaretz.com / Click on the "Hebrew and Arabic united in song" in the left hand column, and understand that a one state, one world, one people solution is the best solution. If I can be in your dream, you can be in mine.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.

Check your Mail
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:53:22 -0400, Bill who putters

And The Voice spoke and Charlie obeyed The Voice, and after speaking the secret things and making the motions of the hands, the box opened and, lo, lying amongst the rubbish were two Pearls of Great Price, which moved Charlie to pluck them free and marvel at their beauty; wondering about and pondering upon those things lying in the depths of their opaque, translucent beauty.......
Charlie
--

There is an electric fire in human nature tending to purify - so that
among these human creatures there is continually some birth of new

Got much for snail btw ;))
How can we share with comfort and security ?
Billy and Charlie and I do now. If you want to taste some e mail snipped-for-privacy@snip.net and I'll offer to supply a list place but you must be vetted by Billy and Charlie first.
Worms btw are all about rotting wood chips and skunks seeking turn the depths and provide a nurturing place for beauty.
Northern Lights Alap Erik Wello cranking PS e has a /
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 18:13:27 -0500, Charlie wrote:

and
and
Dang, Charlie. You are in eloquent form. It's a real treat, though not a surprise.

<blush, shucks, and all that stuff>, yet I thankee for the sentiment and do enjoy bringing treats to folks, though most times it is entirely unintentional and not something to which I aspire. Let not thy right hand, or is it the left?....or sumpthin' to that effect.
At times the Muse moves upon me but more than likely it's one of me several vices which activates the Muse, from from which I shall <sigh> take yet another needed sabbatical...likely to be made less difficult, at least on the morrow, because of the anticipated hangover.
Ain't much lookin' forward to mountin' the new high dollar elliptical that has essentially been forced upon me by my oh so loving family, and which is now mocking me silently from the other side of this pile called a desk.
I prefer my vices, thank you very much.
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker." Ogden Nash
Charlie, moving on to the other side of inspiration now, which unfortunately can be a rather morose place in which to find oneself, but not an unfamiliar, nor uncomfortable, place for me.....probably ought to back away from the keyboard now. Hmmm....haven't paid much attention to old Michaelangelo tonite, now have I?
But I do heed the advice of Shakespeare... ;-)
Listen to many, speak to a few. --- William Shakespeare
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:30:29 -0500, Charlie wrote:

I tried one of those things once, but I kept spillin' the ice out of my glass.

Cheers.

Easy for you to say!

Got apple mail and Spam sieve too. Get weird junk from Greece sometimes. No thing is perfect. My provider gave me barracuda.
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:17:17 -0400, Bill who putters

The 'cuda <remember the car.....pretty awsome in those long gone days> hasn't given me any trouble since I discovered how to feed it a treat and now it doesn't attack me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvHZ__0dPs

Charlie

Since you're up, maybe you could get us another beer?
Things I won't do next year: I won't wait till March to start germinating seeds. (a golden oldie, this one I'll won't make the raccoons come into the garden to find mulch. I'll lay out a new bed of mulch, far from the garden, that they can have. I won't put a squash plant between all the tomatoes vines (they're getting trampled). I won't wait clean up the garden and sow my green manure. I won't stick posts into the ground for my trellises anymore, with out pouring concrete around them (tired of having them fall over, and the clay hasn't gotten softer).
I tried plastic mulch last year, for whatever reason, this year has gone much smoother. I can get water to where I want it, and the plastic isn't frying my new plants. Don't know what I'd do without drip irrigation. When I'm rushed, I can turn it on while I do something else. It doesn't cover everything but it covers a lot of the garden. Iron phosphate gave me a care free year from the snails and slugs (nearly). Experiments with self seeding seem to be successful.
Finally, pesto tonight, with sauted zuke, and insalata Caprese.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.

Here ya go. Hang on, as we're in for a bit of a rough ride here for a bit. Got's us huge black and blue and green clouds bearing down on us.
Later, I'm shuttin' down the 'puter and scramblim' to get things battened down.

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 17:38:33 -0400, Bill who putters

"With few words I shall make thee understand my soul." Michelangelo
A lofty goal, no?
Charlie

Have a care.....a song from Jimmy Buffet is rattling around my head....
May your meditation prove beneficial.
--
Charlie

"It is not summer until the crickets sing." Greek

When I had chooks I never bred my own but used point of lay pullets sourced from outside. They used to spend their first 12 months in an above ground shed large enough to sustain 8 birds with two nesting boxes.
Because I also had dogs, before I nailed chicken wire to the frame I first secured the chook shed with concrete reinforcement wire. I used 2' of wood shavings, at the time freely available from a local timber mill, above the 8' x 4' galvanised iron floor to which I added shell grit, garden weeds and also sea weed to the mix. It eventually became wonderful compost for the garden.
Their second (final) year was in a garden shed with a little garden area attached where they could scratch away to their hearts' content this time protected from the dogs by cyclone wire mesh that extended to 4' beneath the ground. ;-)

Kylie, please don't think you are alone in being a Johnny Cash fan. :-)
I've downloaded heaps of his music, the power of his voice forces me to listen whereas I'm inclined to ignore other singers if I'm doing something else.
--

John.