Woodlice Eating Strawberries???

does anyone know if woodlice eat strawberries? Last year our crop wa
ruined as soon as the fruit started to ripen something started to ea away at it. If left to ripen everytime in the middle of the fruit vi the hole were woodlice. Can anyone help us resolve this thank
-- colyn
More than likely, the strawberry was damaged by a slug, snail, or bird and the woodlice just found a cozy moist home ready made. Use row cover or bird netting for the birds and beer for the snails &slugs and see if the problem doesn't clear up. Gary

V_coerulea wrote:

Good advice Gary, that's what I was thinking too.
Steve PS I'm surprised to find you over here. I'm used to seeing you on the orchid groups. :-)
I like to eat too. So in between fertilizing the orchids I throw in a few vegetable plants and pull some weeds. It helps that I have a helpful and very supportive wife for both endeavors. Gary