Woodlice Eating Strawberries???

does anyone know if woodlice eat strawberries? Last year our crop wa

ruined as soon as the fruit started to ripen something started to ea away at it. If left to ripen everytime in the middle of the fruit vi the hole were woodlice. Can anyone help us resolve this thank

-- colyn

Reply to
colyn

More than likely, the strawberry was damaged by a slug, snail, or bird and the woodlice just found a cozy moist home ready made. Use row cover or bird netting for the birds and beer for the snails &slugs and see if the problem doesn't clear up. Gary

Reply to
V_coerulea

Good advice Gary, that's what I was thinking too.

Steve PS I'm surprised to find you over here. I'm used to seeing you on the orchid groups. :-)

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
V_coerulea