Wish I had my camera.

This morning I found 2 big fat slugs like cork screws around each other doing the nasties. They were hanging from a twig.
How many can say they've seen slugs mating? I've seen small pets including fish, different insects and flies, but this is pretty rare.
I've heard that porcupines do it standing on their front legs so they don't stick each other. Rabbits are really funny to watch because after doing it the buck falls off and screems in joy. At least I assume he's not screeming in pain.

Funny stuff. ;-)
We used to raise rabbits so I know what you mean...
Ducks do much the same.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 07:36:56 -0700, James wrote:

It is a beautiful spiral, I have seen it myself. Then I squashed them. They died happy.
I have a fennel plant that is my lady bug farm. They mate often. I scan the plant and remove the egg sacks and put them around my garden where needed.
sf
YouTube has several videos of slugs mating, for those who might be interested. It really is an interesting sight. Here is one link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtD5dxTcXm4

Must be nice to be Hermaphroditic.
No battle of the sexes. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
Omelet wrote:

Oh yes there is: "I'm on top". "No, you were on top last time." "No, you were. That was you wasn't it. You all look the same." "I want to be on top, it's my turn."
Glad you're not around when we here are...nevermind. LOL! Eddie