Winter summary

So I cleaned up the garden mess today. I had heaps of dead morning glory vines. All the grass and leaves I put in my in my mulch cage last year, turned deep dark black. The neighbor came over to smell it. Whatever..., I pulled out all the bind weeds and burned them, but there's pods everywhere.

The garden soil looks really good, and I got worms now with an inch or two from the top. I had a few toads too in the fall

The mulch cage is all filled up heaping over, again from me mowing and getting the leaves up.

I ran out of time. I have to finish mowing tomorrow. And cutting down the grape vines and dead bushes the ex planted. The grape trellis is all rotted. And I have a bit of wood to burn up.

I need a new plan though.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

would a shopvac pick them up? might help cut down on the invasion later.

:) it's always nice to have helpers out there.

i haven't seen too many toads, a small one way back in the early summer and a bigger one later in the summer in a different spot. frogs aplenty. a good year for frogs. including in places i wouldn't expect them like in the dried out tulip/ pinto bean patch. there was a frog hopping around in there for weeks. finally left for a better hiding place i hope as it is way too bare and dry for winter hibernation there. poor bugger would be mummified...

for what?

songbird

Reply to
songbird