winter garden pic's photobucket album

g'day friends,
here are some pics on our <winter album> at photo bucket.
including frost damage:
http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l143/gardenlen/winter%20updates /
enjoy
len
With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /

roftl, what frost len? You live in Australia. It'd be quite a rare thing for you in Sydney (?) eh.
We have had a few decent frosts our winter though this last month a shit load of rain, just continues pissing down day after day. I'd love a good frost about now, means the rian will've buggered off. You let your broccoli grow quite big I note. I put some in over summer & harvested the big first heads. The broccoli has kept going nicely through autumn n winter and is poking up loads of little heads that go very nice in stir frys. Not enough time for them to get big.
rob
g'day rob,
i live near brisbane queensland, and while we don't suffer frosts like others even here in australia we do get them one reason why we like living in sub-tropical east coast climates our biggest contender is long hot dry summers, it was the black frost that did the most damage.
yes i let the first heads grow as big as they want to i pick them as soon as the tops start feeling loose, i have harvested upo to 8 picks from my broccolli, most second onward picks are no bigger than fist size and anything smaller than that, i use it all the same way as the first picks like eating broccolli in lots of ways. also always get to share a lot of broccolli. the biggest one wa around 11"s across the widest part.
ta
wrote:
snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /