wind blew down some of my garlic

Hi All,
We had a big wind some through a few weeks ago and blew down several of my garlic plants. I just left them alone, but the tops just went brown. (Had I know, I would have picked the tops, they are yummy.)
Will the ever grow back or should I just dig them up?
Frustrating!
-T
T wrote:

they will form a smaller bulb with whatever energy is left that they can redirect from the green stuff.
i picked some garlic a few weeks ago and left it to dry out in the sun. today i was in that garden and the stalks were laying there so i picked them up and pulled them apart and there was a small bulb at the bottom in there that would regrow if given a chance.
likely if you dig up those plants there will be a small bulb under there, with one or more cloves... it will come back.
songbird
On 6/13/2016 9:03 PM, songbird wrote:

We grow more onion and garlic chives than the original plants. Harvested a very large garlic a week or so ago, one of the giant ones. The stems were delicious, the bulb was very mild and somewhat sweet.
We generally are happy when new stuff comes out tasty.
George, the dawg is hounding me so it must be time to go to bed
George Shirley wrote: ...

i gave away 12 18oz jars of garlic relish and every time Ma visits with one of the friends we gave half of it to they keep saying how much they like it. i like it too, but don't eat stuff to put it on that often (it was great the other day on a hot dog with saurkraut, onions and mustard) it's also great in ranch dressing. very potent though. if you are going to be around anyone after eating it you'll probably want to brush your teeth.

:) yeah. we were really happy with the sweet pickles we did last year. the last time we'd made them would have been some 30-40 years ago.

:) *scritches dawgie*
songbird
On 06/14/2016 04:11 AM, songbird wrote:

Munch on a bunch of parsley too