Why do my Strawberries Look Like Raisins?

I'm a first-time gardener with a strawberry problem. My new little patch is producing lots of berries, but they're all small and brown and shriveled; look kinda like raisins! Only occasinally will I get a red, plump, full berry, and even then it's petite.
Please help!
Thanks much,
Cameron

I would have to guess that they are not getting enough water.
Cindy