Who regulates lawn services? (ChemLawn)

Page 2 of 2

Although it won't help in your present dilemma, get in touch with your county & state legislators and see if anyone's already discussing the idea of forcing the lawn spray idiots to give neighbors 2-3 days' notice before they treat lawns. It's gone back and forth in my county legislature. Unfortunately, the chemical companies are still playing golf with the right people in government, but we're closing to having a law here.

A number of years ago, An old man across the street sprayed a shrub in his neighbor's yard he didn't like with herbicide. A tree sprayer hired by the neighbor noticed the damage, and after questioning the neighbor, reported the action to the state E.P.A. They came out and gave a stern talking to the old man.
Would you really consider anything grown after being sprayed with 2,4,d to be something you'd feed to your family. I'd consider the entire area to be contaminated, requiring replacement of the soil before use for a vegetable garden.
Bob

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this kind of thing outrageous.

The OP's state environmental agency can refer him to a laboratory which can test plant samples for the presence of the suspected chemicals.
If they use over the counter stuff, no license are needed.

zxcvbob wrote:

Chemlawn got me a few years ago, here's what happened:
http://www.dontveter.com/howtogrow/chemlawn.html
Don Tveter
The Pattern Recognition Basis of Artificial Intelligence

Perhaps your neighbor should have treated his own lawn, then your entire garden may have been ruined.
zxcvbob wrote:

Aside from the licensing issue, you might also complain to the Better Business Bureau.