Where to buy the best seeds???

Anyone know of any online sites from anywhere in the world that sell high quality seeds and have a really good reputation as being one of the best in the world?
Price isnt really an issue...I guess
What I'm looking for is seeds for fruits and vegetables like Oranges, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, etc. that sort of thing
I'm not a gardener myself, I want to buy them for my parents
Yea so I'm looking for a place that offers some of the best seeds in the world, can anyone recommend?
--
Spaade

Spaade wrote:

Not a good idea overall, get the best local seeds

You don't grow oranges from seed as they have grafted root stock.

Talk to them about what they want and can grow in their garden, no point in getting stuff that is not suitable, there are many reasons why it might not be.

The "best" is not important in comparison to what is suitable, available and legally transportable.
David
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:36:24 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"

David is correct.
First thing is to find out if your parents want a garden. Are you planning to start it and keep it up? You don't just stick seeds in the ground and to pick fruits and vegetables. There is lots of upkeep needed. Are they willing and able to do the work? How much space is available for a garden?
Next go to a reputable nursery in your area and see what is available. Local nurseries do not usually stock things that do not grow well in their area. When to plant and how long until maturity is also necessary information. Where I live there is no way I can have greens and tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers fresh at the same time.
From the list of what grows you can make a decision about what to plant and how many. Do you want just enough to eat in season or do you want enough to preserve? Make sure you check each plant to see how much room it needs. Compare this information with the space available for the garden.
--
Susan N.

Spaade wrote: