When should I plant pea seeds Zone 5 Indiana.. thanks!

When should I plant pea seeds Zone 5 Indiana.. thanks!
Me wrote:

As soon as the soil can be worked. Now would be fine. If you're planting on top of last year's garden you can just put the seeds into the ground without further preparation. If it's muddy, lay a board across the area to be planted and walk on that. You may want to stick some extra tree branch refuse in the ground every foot or so for them to climb.

The Indiana vegetable Planting Calendar at http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/HO-186.pdf has a map that shows four areas with planting dates for over 100 different vegetables for both spring and fall gardens. Olin