When do I thin onions?

Arg...all my seed packets got thrown away.

I planted a row of onions, and I was wondering how big they should be before I thin them. The sprouts are only about 1/2" right now.

Reply to
Anonymous

Depending on close they are and what kind they are, wait until they get pencil width, then you can eat them.

John!

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote:

Reply to
GA Pinhead

Unless they're really tight I pull them when they're big enough for green onions.

Reply to
Boboed

Okay...thanks. I sowed them in a continuous row, knowing that I'd be thinning them. So they're coming up like grass. :)

Reply to
Anonymous