When do I thin onions?

Arg...all my seed packets got thrown away.
I planted a row of onions, and I was wondering how big they should be before I thin them. The sprouts are only about 1/2" right now.
Depending on close they are and what kind they are, wait until they get pencil width, then you can eat them.
John!
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote:

On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:19:36 GMT, "Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com" <> wrote:

Unless they're really tight I pull them when they're big enough for green onions.

Okay...thanks. I sowed them in a continuous row, knowing that I'd be thinning them. So they're coming up like grass. :)